No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
    View Post

We'll see what happens with the update. Meanwhile, the unit hasn't lost any features since it showed up here, and I'm still getting some pretty cool sounds out of it. That's enough to hold me over.

I think we both know there is will be no update for awhile. You are correct that unit has not lost any features - but I mainly bought it for its potential, which now concerns me.

The Cubase story is a sad one for sure. I dont think thats the reason in this case. Digitech has already been taken over some time ago by HARMAN - which on last check has a workforce fo 13,000 strong and net sales of $4.2 billion. Would have been nice if one of them worked on periodic ipb-10 updates Oh well, a billion doesn't buy what it used to.
    iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
      View Post

Sure hope you are right. So far the jury is still out given this long slient stretch of no updates. This is defintely my third and final Digitech purchase. I took a leap of faith, and fell. At this late stage, DT really needs to walk the talk.

Great....thanks for the story. Will you please do the rest of us a favor and take your business elsewhere sooner, rather than later?

Thanks.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by R2112
        View Post

Great....thanks for the story. Will you please do the rest of us a favor and take your business elsewhere sooner, rather than later?

Nice classy post. Not sure what "story" you are referring to, but I have contributed a lot to this thread and to assembling reference material for the ipb-10. I am entitled to express an opinion. I see you only have 3 posts on this entire forum, so I will refrain from further judgement.

Comment

• I just got out of a meeting with engineering and they have just finished wrapping up all of the update code for testing. We will test for ~2 weeks and then submit to Apple.

Thanks for everyone's patience, just a little while longer!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
            View Post

I just got out of a meeting with engineering and they have just finished wrapping up all of the update code for testing. We will test for ~2 weeks and then submit to Apple.

Thanks for everyone's patience, just a little while longer!

Fantastic news! I look forward to the update... thanks for informing!

I know I've only had my iPB-10 for a short time, but I love what I'm able to do with it, and the tones I can create!! I can't wait to gig with it this weekend - and hopefully leave my 80 pound pedalboard / case at home for a change!

Thanks again - appreciate your presence here, DigiTechRep!!

Comment

• I'd also like to add that I can sense that tensions are running high in this thread for some reason. Rest assured that EVERYONE'S comments are being read and taken seriously by DigiTech.

Your voice is being heard.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by moreofU
                View Post

Complaints are fine - once. Especially once someone who has the ability to do something about it acknowledges your complaint. DigitechRep has OBVIOUSLY made note of the disappointment of a few for the delay in updates, so quite yer belly-aching. My 2 year old whines less. I would've gotten a whuppin' if I had whined that much growing up.

This.

A few folks here really come off as though they have an axe to grind with Digitech.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by R2112
                  View Post

This.

A few folks here really come off as though they have an axe to grind with Digitech.

Agreed.

I have my first gig with it tonight, and can't wait to hear what it sounds like in a room! I live in an apartment, so I have to keep things down a bit... but if what I hear tonight is anywhere close to how it sounds at home at lower volumes, I'll be pickin' and grinnin' all night long!!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                    View Post

I think we both know there is will be no update for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                    View Post

I just got out of a meeting with engineering and they have just finished wrapping up all of the update code for testing. We will test for ~2 weeks and then submit to Apple.

Well, so much for what "we know" (and no, I had no idea when the update would or would not be released. My gig is to evaluate things that exist )

What DigiTechRep didn't mention is that Apple is not always known for instant turnaround on approval, so we'll see how much time that adds.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                    View Post

You are correct that unit has not lost any features - but I mainly bought it for its potential, which now concerns me.

I've often said never to buy a piece of gear for what it might do, but for what it does NOW. There are too many variables. As Yoda said, "Always in motion is the future."

There are certain features I'd like to see added to certain DAWs. But if all of them were frozen tomorrow, I'd still be able to make music.
                    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

View Post

I've often said never to buy a piece of gear for what it might do, but for what it does NOW. There are too many variables. As Yoda said, "Always in motion is the future." There are certain features I'd like to see added to certain DAWs. But if all of them were frozen tomorrow, I'd still be able to make music.

Agree completely. Really meant to say I "also " bought it for its potential. Clearly the ipad interface, over and above what it now does, has opened up all sorts of future possibilties more so than anything out there. For me anyway this was part of the decision factor in buying the unit.

(This whole business with the future updates was simply around managing expectations. Several hundred posts ago (mid 200's!!) , it was weeks away. Some of the newer members who rush to judgement after reading one or two posts without the full context or perspective of the last 750 posts and 38 pages (!), can rant all they like - although moderators might find some of the personal attacks and langauge a bit inappropriate.)

But back to the product, it's great the next update is on the final lap now, I look forward to it and will continue to contribute suggestions, ideas, future features, questions etc. as many others here have. Its a great forum, and as I have said before, DigitechRep's presence and participation here has been invaluable.

Comment

View Post

What DigiTechRep didn't mention is that Apple is not always known for instant turnaround on approval, so we'll see how much time that adds.

Once an app is submitted to the AppStore, I've had them approved within 1-2 days, while others have taken 1-2 weeks. It really depends on the current backlog of approvals and Apple's ability to easily test the app.

With hardware I/O, I don't know what Apple's testing policy is. Does Apple have an iPB-10 on hand as part of the "Made for iOS" branding program? Is that part of the testing process?

I'm interested to hear about that if DigiTechRep knows, even though it is (admittedly) a complete distraction from this thread :-)

I'm really excited about this update!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Reposed Roller
                          View Post

With hardware I/O, I don't know what Apple's testing policy is. Does Apple have an iPB-10 on hand as part of the "Made for iOS" branding program? Is that part of the testing process?

I'm interested to hear about that if DigiTechRep knows, even though it is (admittedly) a complete distraction from this thread :-)

I think that revealing any details about working with Apple could get DigiTechRep in trouble...

Comment

View Post

I think that revealing any details about working with Apple could get DigiTechRep in trouble...

Very true; pretty much fired.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                              View Post

Very true; pretty much fired.

Well, we certainly DON'T want that. So don't worry, your anti-gravity propulsion module secret is safe with us!

Although honestly, I was not that impressed with the beta. You said it could hover 10 feet over the floor, and I couldn't get it to hover much above 5-6 feet.

Comment

• Just got the IPB-10 and it is awesome. My head is spinning from all the combinations and permutations. I am definitely not in need of an update just yet. This has a lot to wrap your head around. Found myself last night trying one thing...strum a chord...expression of elation...try another thing... strum one chord...more elation...this repeats for about three hours. Not sure how long it will be before I am actually using it to actually play.

One thing...does anyone know if there is a forum/web page for submission of great tones. Would love to check some out!

Comment

Working...
                                X