No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
    View Post

Its quite dissapointing to take a leap of faith in a new product, pay a fair bit for it, and worry YET AGAIN about support for it being abandoned. DT does not have a good track record here. ipb-10 was a perfect opportunity to address it.

More frequent , minor updates, to demonstrate support, and incrementally improve the product would have been , and can still be, a much better approach. That's the 'feature' I would like to see !!

There have been dozens of suggestions on this thread alone, some of which quite minor, which could have been considered in any number of incremental updates.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Especially about the bad track record. My bet is that we will see one update in 2012 and one in 2013 and that's it... Could be another dead horse. :-(

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by tombo007
      View Post

Sure would be nice if they would make the longer cable work in the next update.

I've mentioned this before but we have not and do not support ANY length of the cable extenders. We have been unable to find ANY that charge consistently or don't drop data. This is not something that software/firmware can fix, it is the way that iPads work.

Comment

View Post

More frequent , minor updates, to demonstrate support, and incrementally improve the product would have been , and can still be, a much better approach. That's the 'feature' I would like to see !!

We will follow our update plan.

I ask only for a committment from DT that they will support the product going forward. Action always speaks louder than words. I love concept of the ipb-10, but let's see some updates already !!

I repeat that it has only been four months since our last update, and the next one will be soon. I won't address any of the dire predictions and suggestions about how we allocate our resources.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
          View Post

I repeat that it has only been four months since our last update, and the next one will be soon .

Actually, its been FIVE months (Feb 21, 2012) since the last update.

Regardless, you have our feedback that its been a while.
          iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
          My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

View Post

Actually, its been FIVE months (Feb 21, 2012) since the last update.

Nice catch. Yes it has now been 5 months since the last update.

Regardless, you have our feedback that its been a while.

Yes, 5 months.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Noodler@TGP
              View Post

I've also found that the iPB-10 seems to be working fine with all my iPad based music apps and guitar processing software. So JamUp, Garage Band, Amplitube, etc. all work great and use the iPB-10 hardware I/O interfaces. In fact, I've even found that you can run dual amp setups in this way. So you can mix a tone off the DNA2 processors while also using the iPad for tone generation. I doubt this is going to be real practical in live situations, but for recording it will work.

I've got to take another run at this. Some of the jamup tones being shared are ridiculous. Was looking for a way to pump them thru some stereo monitors.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by GYM1
                View Post

I've got to take another run at this. Some of the jamup tones being shared are ridiculous. Was looking for a way to pump them thru some stereo monitors.

The "secret" (and it's not much of one) is that the setup control panel in Nexus is the key to making the native iOS apps work with the iPB-10 I/O. There are mixing sliders available for both the XLR and 1/4" outputs. By default mine was setup with the XLR at the midpoint and the 1/4" all the way over to the right (which means ALL iPB-10, no iPAD USB). If you move the sliders all the way to the left then the iPB-10 hardware will work with your iOS-based music apps. If you put it half-way then you can mix both together.

Note that you still may need to make a config change in your iPad app of choice to handle the iPB-10 I/O.

Comment

• DigiTech has the rare opportunity to really make this system a hit if they put on their thinking caps and start considering how they could better leverage the iPad as a platform. Using the iPad as the graphical interface for the pedalboard is just the tip of the iceberg. They could do so much more with the social media aspects (tone/rig sharing), etc. I also see no reason why the iStomp system couldn't be ported to the iPB-10 (if they really wanted to, they would still be catering to two different market price segments and not really competing with each other).

DigiTech could also leverage a partnership with one of the software-only amp modeling companies and give them a way to tie the pedalboard hardware to their app. I guess it might even be possible to become "universally" adaptable by using MIDI. Many of the software-based sims have MIDI capability so if the iPB-10 was MIDI capable it could be used as a controller for these other modeling apps (without needing any MIDI cables). If you think about it, the iPB-10 hardware platform has incredible capability and flexibility without even considering the DNA2 brain power in the box. There's tons of I/O jacks and 10 footswitches (and of course the ability to mount the iPad in the dock). They could gain a whole legion of new users if they could strike up a deal (or make the hardware compatible) with JamUp or Amplitube. Even Garage Band could benefit from having the iPB-10 support its functions.

DigiTechRep - please try to get the powers that be over there thinking a lot more "outside the box" (or would that be inside the iPad?). There's a ton of things they could do with this platform since they made the decision to go the iPad route. Might as well take advantage of the situation.

Comment

• My iPad, 100% charge at last nights gig, I started off with a full charge! Seems to charge when you start with a full charge battery....

Comment

• Back to what we have right now... I've had the GSP1101 for quite awhile and I know its strengths and weaknesses fairly well. Of course I jumped in on the GSP right at the C48 code release from mustbebeta and I'm now on C63. I don't think I ever spent more than a day with the stock tones. I have to say that the iPB-10 has some "mmm mmm" good tones. Those M's stand for the Marshall, Mesa, and Matchless amps in the box. I mostly bought the iPB-10 for its virtual pedalboard functionality, not for the amp modeling, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how "warm-n-chewy" these models feel - very organic. The Fenders still leave me flat and an A/B comparison directly with AmpliTube Fender right on the iPad proves that out pretty quickly. Heck, they can't even get the spring reverb right. That's disappointing.

The only other feedback I have is that as a virtual pedalboard it needs a lot MORE pedals to make me totally satisfied. My goal with the iPB-10 is to duplicate the "rigs of the stars" - not just their overall tones, but their entire rigs using the same gear that's in their rigs. So I started marching down the road of creating virtual duplicates of the rigs of some of my favorites and found that the iPB-10 is missing some key pedals. I also prefer amp models that completely replicate the original amps control layout (the correct knobs and how they should interact with each other). With a completely software-based interface you would think DigiTech could get this right - include a presence control when the original amp has one, get rid of the middle control if the original amp doesn't have one, etc.

Anyhow, I'll get off my soapbox and say that I still think the iPB-10 is great piece of gear, but it definitely needs some focus from DigiTech to reach its full potential.

Comment

• I just picked up the iPB-10, and I have to say my first impression of it is WOW. I run 2 old Bassman 50 heads in a stereo setup, currently with some OD pedals and a Line 6 M13. I'm aiming to cut down my pedalboard setup a little, lighten the load as it were... and that's how I came across the iPB-10. My Bassman heads are pretty picky when it comes to drive pedals... some just sound farty and dead. I am amazed how awesome this thing sounds with my setup. I've tried it as just a pedalboard, a pedalboard with an amp model, and a pedalboard with amp and cab models. All three sound different, and some have their strengths, others sound 'processed'. But I've easily found some sounds that just make me grin from ear to ear!! Love it so far.

I may have missed something, but I'm not sure. I know Tap Tempo isn't supported yet, but it appears that I can't even assign the expression pedal to the delay time... is that correct? I guess I'm kind of surprised if that truly is the case... I know it wouldn't be nearly as 'accurate' as tapping the tempo in, but I guess I figured I would be able to do that... apparently not. Not the end of the world at this point, but just surprised.

Am I understanding this right too... can I only assign the expression pedal to one parameter in all of the pedals in the patch?

Also, maybe I'm missing this too... is there an option for 'trails' on here? Meaning, when I turn the delay pedal off, it's OFF. What if I want to hear the delays trailing off, with no new signal being processed? I know that's how typical pedals operate, in that when you turn it off, it's truly OFF, but other manufacturers do this... I couldn't find any option for this, but I admit to not fully traversing the manual yet. I had it up in another window on the iPad, but I found myself getting so into the tones that I quit reading it.

Any help / clarity on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• With the ipad 2 connected directly to the ipb-10, ie in the cradle, does the visual confirmation of charging (ie lighning bolt) show up on the ipad screen?.... to confirm tis really charging?
                          iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                          My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

View Post

With the ipad 2 connected directly to the ipb-10, ie in the cradle, does the visual confirmation of charging (ie lighning bolt) show up on the ipad screen?.... to confirm tis really charging?

In my experience, yes... with the catch that, if you have the Nexus app running, it doesn't display the iPad's status bar at the top of the screen. If you aren't in the Nexus app, it shows it as charging - as long as the iPB-10 is powered on.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                              View Post

Nice catch. Yes it has now been 5 months since the last update.

Yes, 5 months.

The last update? I hve only found some promotion videos. Not any features. Nothing usefull.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by rm12
                                View Post

The last update? I hve only found some promotion videos. Not any features. Nothing usefull.

The first update was not a feature update, and it was quite useful. It fixed the following issues:

iPad1 crash has been fixed

iPad1 performance has been increased

iPad2 performance has been increased

Amp Order bug fixed

Various other small glitches and performance issues resolved.

As I reported in this post earlier in the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X