No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
    View Post

However, the really cool part is that under the iPB-10's settings, you can adjust the ratio of what you're hearing from the DAW's output via USB, and what's coming from the iPB-10.

Huh? Not really new and even covered in the first manual... But yes, it's a very cool feature!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
      View Post

...I'm not saying anything about dates anymore.

...but we released it feeling pretty good about the existing feature set.

Uh oh........

Comment

• That's awesome. Thanks for the detail. It looked like a good usb option. Trying to avoid another piece of gear so will give it a shot with some of the supported drivers.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
          View Post

Huh? Not really new and even covered in the first manual... But yes, it's a very cool feature!

Yes, but I was wanted to be comprehensive. There's nothing in the manual that gives specs, talks about WDM vs. ASIO, aggregation, latencies on different platforms, etc. If people aren't aware of how to use this feature, they are likely not aware of the zero-latency monitoring option, either.
          Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• I picked up the iPB-10 from MF since they're unloading some restock items. The one I got looks pretty much brand new.

Anyhow, I decided to post a reply to this thread since I found a bag that I think is absolutely perfect for the iPB-10. It's the Gator G-CLUB CONTROL bag. It fits the unit perfectly and has some great features.

1. It's lightweight at 3.5 lbs. with dimensions of 23" x 17" x 7.5" (internal is 19" x 14" x 3.5")

2. Instead of a zipper closure it uses two burly plastic clip locks

3. It has a nice padded shoulder strap

4. The main carry handle is padded really well and is probably one of the most comfortable handles I've ever run across

5. It has tons of pockets - one dedicated for cables (including a velcro tie to keep them neat), another smaller zippered pouch on the outside which could fit a stomp box or two, 2 more slim zippered ones on the overlap, mesh pockets on both sides, and another full size one on the back that's perfect for sheet music or set lists

6. The protection is top notch considering it's a soft case - it has a rubber insert in the bottom and egg shell crate foam on the front with padding on the back

Here's the link to it on the Gator site: http://www.gatorcases.com/p/123135-1092/g-club-control

It's sold on MF for $90: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...g-club-control

But it's available on Amazon right now for $70: http://www.amazon.com/Gator-G-CLUB-C...G-CLUB+CONTROL

Comment

• Went to GC and played the RP500. I enjoyed the heck out of the 500. I ordered the IPB-10 based on reviews I read. Please tell me that the IPB-10 is as good if not better than the RP500?!?!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Sutmyk69
                View Post

Went to GC and played the RP500. I enjoyed the heck out of the 500. I ordered the IPB-10 based on reviews I read. Please tell me that the IPB-10 is as good if not better than the RP500?!?!

You do have an iPad...right?

It's a whole lot easier to edit with the iPB-10, and easier to get creative. You can also do drag and drop footswitch assignments, and there's an extra bank of switches.

I was just playing around some more with the iPB-10 tonight and getting some really nice sounds. I don't have an RP500 for comparison, but find it hard to believe it would be any more versatile or easy to operate. The iPB-10 also has a few more cabs/effects/amps, too.

If you like the sounds you got with the RP500, you'll like the sounds you get with the iPB-10, if not more so.
                Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Yes...do have the iPad! How does the IPB-10 rate with the 500.

Comment

• Thanks didn't see your the rest of your reply before. I am looking forward to getting it to try it out!

Comment

• Sound quality of the iPB-10 is miles ahead of the RP500!

(Keep in mind the iPB has two AudioDNA2 processors just to take care of forming the sound! RP500 has only one and has to take care of showing menu and all by itself why the iPad does this job in the iPB)

You will not be disappointed.

Comment

• So I've run into a charging problem using the CableJive dockXtender 6' cable. At first it seemed to be charging my iPad3 off the iPB-10, but lately it acts like it's charging when the iPad is first hooked up and the iPB-10 powered on (I see the charging symbol come on the battery icon). However, once the Nexus app kicks in you can't see the battery charging indicator. Yesterday I got an alert that my battery was low while the iPad was plugged into the iPB-10 so I exited the Nexus app and found that the iPad wasn't charging over the dockXtender. I removed the extension cable and installed the iPad into the iPB-10 and all was well again.

Anyone else using the new iPad (3rd gen) with the dockXtender and not having any problems with the iPB-10?

Comment

• I have the same problem using the Cablejive, DT support said it does not support the long cable. Sure would be nice if they would make the longer cable work in the next update. The longer cable gets it off the floor for live preformances and tweaking.

A 3rd party power cord would be nice too!

I used the loop with my Bad Monkey and OCD this weekend, works great!

Former HD500 user.

Comment

• I'm using the stomp loop with the piezo output from my Parker. Electric guitars with piezo pickups are usually setup with a stereo output jack. So I can take the piezo output into the stomp input and the beauty of this setup with the iPB-10 is that it stores the state of the loop. So when I switch to the acoustic amp patch it also turns on the stomp loop and kills off the magnetic pickups. I keep finding really cool stuff I can do with this.

Speaking of really cool stuff...

I've also found that the iPB-10 seems to be working fine with all my iPad based music apps and guitar processing software. So JamUp, Garage Band, Amplitube, etc. all work great and use the iPB-10 hardware I/O interfaces. In fact, I've even found that you can run dual amp setups in this way. So you can mix a tone off the DNA2 processors while also using the iPad for tone generation. I doubt this is going to be real practical in live situations, but for recording it will work.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                              View Post

Originally Posted by DigiTechRep

...I'm not saying anything about dates anymore.

...but we released it feeling pretty good about the existing feature set.

Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
                              View Post

Uh oh........

I'm with thebioguy on this one. This is not a good sign.

Its quite dissapointing to take a leap of faith in a new product, pay a fair bit for it, and worry YET AGAIN about support for it being abandoned. DT does not have a good track record here. ipb-10 was a perfect opportunity to address it.

More frequent , minor updates, to demonstrate support, and incrementally improve the product would have been , and can still be, a much better approach. That's the 'feature' I would like to see !!

There have been dozens of suggestions on this thread alone, some of which quite minor, which could have been considered in any number of incremental updates.

Instead, we are left waiting for a big-bang update, forever delayed, which iteslf will no doubt require updates, and will dissapoint as it will not meet expectations. DT is blowing it, again.

I dont really care what features are in the next update, or what date that update is planned for, or what future features are on the roadmap. That's not the point.

I ask only for a committment from DT that they will support the product going forward. Action always speaks louder than words. I love concept of the ipb-10, but let's see some updates already !!
                              iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                              My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Noodler@TGP
                                View Post

I'm using the stomp loop with the piezo output from my Parker. Electric guitars with piezo pickups are usually setup with a stereo output jack. So I can take the piezo output into the stomp input and the beauty of this setup with the iPB-10 is that it stores the state of the loop. So when I switch to the acoustic amp patch it also turns on the stomp loop and kills off the magnetic pickups. I keep finding really cool stuff I can do with this.

Speaking of really cool stuff...

I've also found that the iPB-10 seems to be working fine with all my iPad based music apps and guitar processing software. So JamUp, Garage Band, Amplitube, etc. all work great and use the iPB-10 hardware I/O interfaces. In fact, I've even found that you can run dual amp setups in this way. So you can mix a tone off the DNA2 processors while also using the iPad for tone generation. I doubt this is going to be real practical in live situations, but for recording it will work.

I tried this a long time ago to use a few iPad apps and I could not get them to work. I will have to try again . I have ampkit, jamup pro, amplitube. Is there anything you have to do in setting s that maybe I missed in the past ? It has been a long time since I tried, so hopefully it works for me.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X