Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, 4-cable-method to Amp and via XLR to PA / FireWire recording interface. Works.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
      View Post

That is the new plan. There is one feature in particular that we wanted to get in this release that has proved to be too unstable, so we are wrapping up what we have and releasing it. We will then dig in to the problematic feature for a future update.

Sorry, but you are now losing the rest of your credibility here: First you tell us the update is delayed by several months because you guys want to add that huge and great (but top secret) feature.

Now you say that one makes problems so you are going to release an update without the feature (which could have happened two months ago then.)

As I assume your developers use versioning, so checkout the finished code without the "secret" feature, compile and upload to the App-Store.

But instead I bet we won't see any update this month :-(

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
        View Post

I think that might be a violation of music business guidelines. I believe you're supposed to push updates out as fast as you can, and let the users beta test for you. Am I missing something?

I guess you wanted to be funny here. I can only tell you that software-development without deadlines will lead to no results.

If you don't kick your developers they won't be finished ever.

Also having deadlines does not mean you publish unfinished beta-software. Instead it's simply all about gating, scoping and keeping specification deadlines in the first place.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
          View Post

Yes, 4-cable-method to Amp and via XLR to PA / FireWire recording interface. Works.

Great! Thanks

Comment

View Post

First you tell us the update is delayed by several months because you guys want to add that huge and great (but top secret) feature.

Now you say that one makes problems so you are going to release an update without the feature (which could have happened two months ago then.)

Yep.

It has only been ~4 months since our last update, so "several" is a bit of an exaggeration. I feel bad that we haven't been able to lick some of the bugs in one of the features, but I'm not feeling too bad about a "delayed" feature release equaling four months.

Sorry, but you are now losing the rest of your credibility here

As for credibility: My goal (and role) in this thread is to keep people informed, my credibility is tied to how well I perform that function.

Comment

• You haven't lost any credibility. I have read every thread on here and don't recall you saying that you were the developer....

If a new feature made molten gold pour out of the guitar someone would complain because it wasn't platinum.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

View Post

Yep.

It has only been ~4 months since our last update, so "several" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Well this also strongly awaited update did not bring much besides some online-manual with marketing videos and unspecified bug fixes.

As for credibility I did not mean you in person but the company you are working for, sorry...

Comment

• I play in a classic rock dace band. We go direct with bass and guitars and acoustic drums.

Played my first 2 gigs with IPB. I used the Lux Verb w/comp/screamer/delay/chorus, 3 presets with clean, crunch & lead tones. I am going direct to mixer, hpf @ 100hz and eq flat. IPad on my mic stand, I was able to adjust on the go, with ease! Can't do that with a HD. I could dial in nice clear bell tone and good dirt. Good delays and mods! Can't wait to use my analog Bad Monkey and OCD, I will put them were the iPad goes, use Velcro on the other tray to hold the pedals in place!

Update would be great, too!!!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by tombo007
                    View Post

Can't wait to use my analog Bad Monkey and OCD, I will put them were the iPad goes!

That tray is definitely convenient. I had my first gig with my iPB on Thursday and set my wireless receiver in the tray (iPad removed) where it sat perfectly. Ran a 3" angled patch cable to the input jack. I was able to jump around a bit without fear of stomping on multiple units/cables. Sound engineer thought the iPB was cool. :-)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Details Unknown
                      View Post

a new feature made molten gold pour out of the guitar

Get's my vote

Seriously, the nature of the feedback from DT can be summarized like this...

OWNER/USER : I have an idea

DT : Maybe, but if we start working on that, the update will be delayed.

OWNER/USER : I think this is a bug

DT : Seriously? Haven't heard anyone complain. Anyway, if we look into it the update will be delayed.

OWNER/USER : Will the update include this?

DT : Programming is hard work, so we can't say. We'll pick all the low hanging fruit first, otherwise the update will be delayed.

OWNER/USER : Any news on the update?

DT : It's been delayed.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
                        View Post

Get's my vote

Seriously, the nature of the feedback from DT can be summarized like this...

OWNER/USER : I have an idea

DT : Maybe, but if we start working on that, the update will be delayed.

OWNER/USER : I think this is a bug

DT : Seriously? Haven't heard anyone complain. Anyway, if we look into it the update will be delayed.

OWNER/USER : Will the update include this?

DT : Programming is hard work, so we can't say. We'll pick all the low hanging fruit first, otherwise the update will be delayed.

OWNER/USER : Any news on the update?

DT : It's been delayed.

Your post just delayed the update.

Comment

View Post

Your post just delayed the update.

Whatever you say. I don't believe in a soon update anyway.

DT should get into the habit of telling the users which features the next release will contain and when it's targeted for.

(It's called "roadmap" and any serious company plans hard- and software according to a roadmap...)

Again: Not against you in person. If you are just the messenger, please go tell the ones who have sent you here.

(BTW I find it very odd that no DT-representative is available in DT's own forums but here...)

Comment

View Post

Whatever you say. I don't believe in a soon update anyway.

No jokes; check.

(BTW I find it very odd that no DT-representative is available in DT's own forums but here...)

Our TCS guy oversees the DigiTech community forums. I would find it odd if a DigiTech representative were NOT available in this thread.

Comment

View Post

and any serious company plans hard- and software according to a roadmap...)

I'm certain that the ONE GUY they have working on the iPB-10 is serious. But with this type of resource allocation, I question if the rest of DT's management is on board.

Comment

• Sorry, a conversation about our resource allocation will have to wait, it's time to make Sunday breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                                X