Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

31870887

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts







  • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
    View Post

    ...
  • Also, Question 4, does the ipad2 charge when connected to the ipb-10?...




It does charge when it is inside the ipb-10, when using the docking cable extender it sometimes charges for me....

Comment








  • Quote Originally Posted by randombastage
    View Post

    It does charge when it is inside the ipb-10, when using the docking cable extender it sometimes charges for me....




    Are you using the CableJive dockXtender 6' cable?
    iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

    Comment








    • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
      View Post

      Are you using the CableJive dockXtender 6' cable?




      This is the cable I use with mine and it works perfectly. As mentioned, the iPad does sometimes get charged when connected to the iPB-10 with the cable.

      Comment


      • Man, the more I think about that dock connector the more I eagerly anticipate the line up of iPB hardware accessories.



        I particularly look forward to:

        • the "iPB-SmartTray-IOS-1" version, plugs into the connector, sits/slides in the tray, and simply acts as a wi-fi interface , so the ipad can stay on the desk or stand and wirelessly control the ipb. Includes an top side dock connector for charging and perhaps other i/o ports



        • the "iPB-SmartTray-IOS-2" version, as above but with a dedicated touch display for basic functions, eg quick navigiation , ie scrolling/tapping/sliding/jumping from one bank to another. Firmware/wifi updatable



        • the "iPB-SmartTray-IOS-3" version, as above but as a dedicated touch display for enhanced/full functionality. Firmware/wifi updataable. Essentially a dummied down dedicated ipad like device, priced like a kindle. Why not!



        • the "iPB-SmartTray-XXX-n - as above but for other platforms.



        • the "iPB-PROGRAMMABLE-FOOTSWITCH" .. no idea what this would be , but hey, I want one!



        On the sofrware side, I look forward to the Windows/Mac iPB-XLINK application, to fully control the ipb-10 via USB, on the pc.
        iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
        My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

        Comment








        • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
          View Post

          Essentially a dummied down dedicated ipad like device, priced like a kindle. Why not!




          Sorry to be a party pooper here but to build something like that and sell it at kindle like prices the maker has to assume kindle like sales volume. Not going to happen.

          Comment


          • Personally, I think the iPB-10 is way cool right now. I would appreciate just a few feature upgrades mentioned previously on this thread ... tap tempo for sure, a more powerful EQ, the ability to stack OD/Dist pedals, a built-in looper and some control over the wah perameters to name a few. I'm hoping these are the kinds of things that come in the next firmware upgrade. Thanks DigiTech for this awesome piece of gear!

            Comment








            • Quote Originally Posted by Den
              View Post

              Personally, I think the iPB-10 is way cool right now. I would appreciate just a few feature upgrades mentioned previously on this thread ... tap tempo for sure, a more powerful EQ, the ability to stack OD/Dist pedals, a built-in looper and some control over the wah perameters to name a few. I'm hoping these are the kinds of things that come in the next firmware upgrade. Thanks DigiTech for this awesome piece of gear!




              Ditto. I fully agree. And I appreciate the effort to squish that iPad1 crash bug. Thanks much DigiTech

              Comment








              • Quote Originally Posted by Den
                View Post

                Personally, I think the iPB-10 is way cool right now. I would appreciate just a few feature upgrades mentioned previously on this thread ... Thanks DigiTech for this awesome piece of gear!




                I agree as well, and firmware upgrades are of course the near term priority and will be most welcome. I was just a planting a few seeds for the future re possible h/w upgrades/add-ons - some may be feasible. some foolish, but thats what creative brainstroming is all about
                iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                Comment








                • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                  View Post

                  I agree as well, and firmware upgrades are of course the near term priority and will be most welcome. I was just a planting a few seeds for the future re possible h/w upgrades/add-ons - some may be feasible. some foolish, but thats what creative brainstroming is all about




                  Some of the greatest ideas come about exactly that way ... throwing out creative ideas that may seem unrealistic at the time. Think about the giant leap of faith Apple took to make the commitment to the iPad in the first place! There wasn't much in the way of empirical evidence to support the massive adoption of a tablet computer. And yet, about two years later, more than 50 million people have spent some serious dollars to jump on board.



                  I respect DigiTech for taking a similar leap in testing the market with an innovative product like the iPB-10. The fact that so many traditionalists write it off immediately as a "fail" (hate that term), is probably a good indicator that this is on the right track.

                  Comment


                  • The more I use the ipb-10 the more I love it. Really good purchase.



                    For quick reference, I cobbled toghther a handy (for me) 8 x 10 (PDF) TONE MATRIX CHEAT SHEET to show/remind me of the one hundred (20 x5) tones at once. Found this ideal for use with no ipad or PC is around. Got a copy single-folded in the tray! It's curerntly based on the factory preset names/positions but of its course easily updatable. See reference link below.
                    iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

                    Comment








                    • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                      View Post

                      The more I use the ipb-10 the more I love it. Really good purchase.



                      For quick reference, I cobbled toghther a handy (for me) 8 x 10 (PDF) TONE MATRIX CHEAT SHEET to show/remind me of the one hundred (20 x5) tones at once. Found this ideal for use with no ipad or PC is around. Got a copy single-folded in the tray! It's curerntly based on the factory preset names/positions but of its course easily updatable. See reference link below.




                      Slowly but surely, this is turning from "iPB-10 Pro Review" to "iPB-10 Information Central." Thanks again for your contributions!
                      Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                      Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                      Comment


                      • Hey guys, sorry for the absence I've been out sick for the past week. I'll review what I've missed and try to answer any questions.

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                          View Post

                          Hey guys, sorry for the absence I've been out sick for the past week. I'll review what I've missed and try to answer any questions.




                          Sorry to hear that you were not well. Hope you get better soon and completely recover in no time.

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                            View Post

                            Hey guys, sorry for the absence I've been out sick for the past week. I'll review what I've missed and try to answer any questions.




                            Were you a victim of time-delay NAMMthrax?!?



                            I can summarize for you: People love the thing, thanks for the updates, here are some useful cheat sheets for iPB-10 owners.
                            Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                            Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                              View Post

                              Are you using the CableJive dockXtender 6' cable?




                              Yes Cable Jive 6'

                              It charges about 50% of the time I plug it in. Haven't noticed enough of what else is going on to know why it isn't charging 100% of the time other than to say it isn't that the connections are loose. Best guess is it has to do with either the total amperage of power available to the ipb-10 (I have many things powered by the strip that powers it)..or...the battery charge level of the iPad when I plug the cable in.

                              Comment













                              • Working...
                                X