Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With an extender cable connected to the dock connector, and the arm closed, must the cable hang loosely over the arm, or, can it be tucked neatly under the arm (perhaps feeding through that notch in the back). Cant tell if the arm would pinch the cable of if there is actually enough room for it to slip though.

iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• The arm fits flush and the cable would be pinched if you put it under. However, you could file a small semi-circle on the arm using a circular file and create a route for the cable with ease. I have not done this quite frankly as I play home so I can care for the cable. The only reason I use it is to avoid having to bend all the time. Have a bad back. If and when I take the IPB-10 out to play the iPad would go on it. I don't have a problem putting the iPad near my feet... The ipb-10 is very well designed in this regard.

Comment

• Thanks. I too have the same bad back (must be a Canadian thing) which is why I asked about the cable. At home, its ideal for me as well to have the controls at desk level and the footswitches on the floor, so ipad-on-desk-or-stand//ipb-on-floor works well (just like a GSP1101/Control2 set up would have worked). Filing the arm would work I suppose, but ouch!- I think I'll jsut be creative and hide most of the wire beneath the startup guide (or whatver I end up leaving in the tray. May even build a very crude accessory device to plug in (as I alluded to in an earlier in post 213) . For now, its just a cable. so all is good.

Comment

• I think the back-problem is a universal one affecting many musicians... Probably has to do more with carrying all the amps & gear around for so many years! Hence the beauty of solutions like ipb-10. I think there is hope for future generations don't you think?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mck
            View Post

..I think there is hope for future generations don't you think?

Ya think? They'll walk on stage, tap the air, pop up a holgraphic screen for configuration, to project a virtual pedalboed on the floor and they are ready to play. Oops I think I just described the Digitech hPB-100 - Holographic Programmable PedalBoard - debuting at the 2020 NAMM....

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
              View Post

Oops I think I just described the Digitech hPB-100 - Holographic Programmable PedalBoard - debuting at the 2020 NAMM....

Quick, trademark that name, patent the idea... do something ! :-)

Comment

• 1) I may have this wrong, but here is my understanding.

Prior to iPB-10, eg with my current Rp-155 for example, I 'intergrated' the ipad to my RP unit via USB. This allowed for playback over ipad backing tracks, recording into ipad, etc etc. Setup is per per Digitech link here or youtube video here.

With the iPB-10, I assume that by virtue of it direct connection, I'd no longer need the USB connection, and that once ipad is conencted via the iPB-10 dock connector, I can:
                • run any music/gutiar/tab/toolkit/backing track type app, to play any audio on the ipad thru the iPB-10 ( and onto my PA, etc)

• run garage band. to record the iPB-10 directly into GarageBand

• and of course run NEXUS, configure the iPB-10

Correct?
                2) And I'd only need the USB port for things like firmware upgrades - correct?.

3) What about apps like Agile Partners Ampkit app? For example, I know the following works:
                guitar >apogee jam interface >ipad dock> ipad running ampkit >audio out (via 3.5mm on ipad) > PA

but would this also work (ie normal ipb connections) :
                guitar >iPB-10 with ipad running ampkit > audio out (on iPB) >PA ?

Comment

View Post

1) I may have this wrong, but here is my understanding.

Prior to iPB-10, eg with my current Rp-155 for example, I 'intergrated' the ipad to my RP unit via USB. This allowed for playback over ipad backing tracks, recording into ipad, etc etc. Setup is per per Digitech link here or youtube video here.

With the iPB-10, I assume that by virtue of it direct connection, I'd no longer need the USB connection, and that once ipad is conencted via the iPB-10 dock connector, I can:
                  • run any music/gutiar/tab/toolkit/backing track type app, to play any audio on the ipad thru the iPB-10 ( and onto my PA, etc)

Correct?

3) What about apps like Agile Partners Ampkit app? For example, I know the following works:
                  guitar >apogee jam interface >ipad dock> ipad running ampkit >audio out (via 3.5mm on ipad) > PA

From the AmpKit angle, it SHOULD work - I say this because we keep it as open as possible so you can continue to use it with the many dock controllers out there (Jam, Alesis, GuitarJack, and don't forget LiNK HD coming soon...) We have not had a chance to test it with the iPB-10, but I would hope you get similar results.

What will not work, however, are the pedal controls. Third party compliance with the many pedal sets out there is a hot topic for us. We want to support as wide a number of options as possible. There isn't a single magic answer - but we're working hard to figure out how we can keep things open for this area.

If you get a chance to try that out, I would definitely like to hear the results.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by bradley_NY
                    View Post

From the AmpKit angle, it SHOULD work -.

Thanks bradley_NY

Normally, as a new ipb-10 owner, and all that power and my fingertips (and toes) I would not need Ampkit software, but the reason I was asking was that I use Ampkit when in "cottage mode". Ie grab a guitar, the ipad, a practice amp/apogeee jam.

And so when I'm at home, I like to use Ampkit (just before a w/end) to see whats available to me. If it turns out I can just call up Ampkit when in "home sutdio mode", ie normal cabling (ie ipad to ipb), that would be cool. Hope to test it out over the weekend.

Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

View Post

1) I may have this wrong, but here is my understanding.

Correct?

Unless I am doing something wrong, i don't believe you can get the ampkit app to work directly from the ipb-10. I have tried, and ampkit shows "NO INPUT" ... I dont think the ipad10 acts like the Alesis..

Comment

• I haven't tested this app specifically but if AmpKit uses the usual I/O on the iPad then it should work with the iPB-10. Basically the same way that GarageBand works. When using GarageBand you set iPB-Nexus I/O settings to 50% and the iPB-10 will send audio to GarageBand and GarageBand will output from the iPB-10. This is all predicated upon GarageBand running in the foreground.

AmpKit may work in a similar fashion. If it doesn't, we'd love to work with bradley_NY/AmpKit to figure out how to get it to work. Our greater vision for the iPB-10 includes 3rd party app developers utilizing our hardware in ways never before possible.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by moreofU
                          View Post

Any word on a Nexus update that would add tap tempo functionality to one of the switches? REALLY need that.

Yep, next update will be in a few weeks.

Comment

• Just picked up an Egnater Tweaker 15 and set up the iPB-10 in the effects loop using the 4-cable method last night. All I can say is WOW ... this is a great little rig. The iPB-10 sounds completely transparent when using just amp tones, the effects are awesome, and although I just tried a few of the amp models through the power amp, I was surprised at how good they sounded. I can only imagine what I can do with some time dialing them in.

The Tweaker is an amazing little amp with an abundance of easy tones shaping onboard (let alone at this price point), and the iPB-10 is an amazing pedalboard solution. There's no shortage of great tones and no easier way to enjoy them! Can't wait for the next round of features from DigiTech.

Comment

• Ok my out of box experience:

1. Wow! Awesome.

2. The unit is substantial and impressive. I had pre-wired almost everything I needed so it was up and running in minutes.

3. Initially I didn't even connect an iPad! Just intuitively used the ipb-10 and it worked great. Had my ready reference guide up on the computer screen to tell me everything I needed to know. Everything sounded wonderful. Clearly no regrets. Loved the footpedal (for volume mainly)

4. After some time, I connected the iPad2 and opened Nexus. It popped a message reminding me to do a firmware upgrade– it told me to disconnect the ipad and go to a pc and follow instructions on http://www.digitech.com/en-US/ipb10update First Question 1 – there are no breadcrumbs on that page, How do I get to it from http://www.digitech.com/ ?

5. The first part of the firmware upgrade was straightforward and it upgraded itself to 1.180. After that , totally frustration for about 30 minutes as the Netupdater : 1) never quite tells you when its done 2) Allows you to select “Done”, but does not tell you that you are actually NOT done, but rather that you need to call up the http://www.digitech.com/en-US/ipb10update page again for Part 2 of the instructions . Its very easy to get trapped, as I did, with a unit that says “td” and one has no clue what to do next. Finally figured that part out.

6. I am not a pedal user, so I found the calibration did not work well for me,. In fact my volume seems to be a bit messed up now. I will have to revisit that shorly. Short honeymoon there. Question 2 – is there a way to return to ‘factory calibration’ on the pedal?

7. Going through many of the presets, I immediately found a few favourites. Question 3 – is there a way, in future, via thr unit itself, ie outside of NEXUS, to tag some of the 100 tones as favorites, and be able to find them, scroll thru and select just the favorites? Ie the equivalent of the My Tones Library?

8. Also, Question 4, does the ipad2 charge when connected to the ipb-10?

Over all – pretty awesome !! Cannot blame the teething problems on anyone but me, so Digitech, you done good on this one. Clearly this has room to grow and improve and can only get better. Hope Digitech decides to support this for many many years.

Heres my corner of the world, Ipad connected via cable.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                                View Post

...we'd love to work with bradley_NY/AmpKit to figure out how to get it to work. Our greater vision for the iPB-10 includes 3rd party app developers utilizing our hardware in ways never before possible.

Would love to get in touch, if the respective heads above us aren't already chatting. Drop me a line at info@agilepartners - Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X