No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by mck
    View Post

This is amazing! Thank you very much for putting in the effort and sharing it so. Very nicely presented material as well. Very very nice!

My pleasure. So glad others found it useful.

For me, it was just a practical thing to do. Whilst the ipad is not needed to run the unit, there might be times when all I want to do is view a setting and the ipad is simply not accessible ( ie being charged, in use by a family member, forgotton in a another room and I'm just too lasy to go upstairs to get it - or too lazy to connect it even if it was available). Easy workaround was to keep an e-copy of factory (and laser applied) settings for ready access via pc, laptop or any smart device or even hard copy)

This point was a mini show stopper for a while there, but no longer - in fact, having made a balanced informed decision (this thread was instrumental), I ordered my iPB-10 yesterday will have it in a week!

Back to the reference list, I added link for tabular listings of pedals, amps, cabinets and ability to scroll thru all the tone pics at once. Also added links to the cablejive extender cable site and some forum posts.

If anyone has other suggestions , I'd be more that happy to tweak the site.
    iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• It occured to me that the screen shots I posted only show the pedals mapped to A-E assingments but do not show the other active pedals that are part of the tone group ( ie the ones shown on the edit screen).

So, another 100 stunning screen shots later, I added the edit screen below each main perform screen.

I added the link to my sig block below.

Comment

• Perhaps this was already covered but ...

1) The spec refesr to a "1/4" external footswitch control" ... but I dont see this on the rear panel. What does this spec reference mean?

2) On the rear pan there is a jack called "Looper". I dont see this reference in the manual. How is this jack used? Is it an input or an output?

Comment

• On my IPB-10 this jack is labelled Footswitch. Seems like that photo is a little outdated. I had not noticed this discrepancy.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
            View Post

It occured to me that the screen shots I posted only show the pedals mapped to A-E assingments but do not show the other active pedals that are part of the tone group ( ie the ones shown on the edit screen).

So, another 100 stunning screen shots later, I added the edit screen below each main perform screen.

I added the link to my sig block below.

Lovely. There's a lot of work there. Thanks once again.

Comment

View Post

Perhaps this was already covered but ...

1) The spec refesr to a "1/4" external footswitch control" ... but I dont see this on the rear panel. What does this spec reference mean?

2) On the rear pan there is a jack called "Looper". I dont see this reference in the manual. How is this jack used? Is it an input or an output?

It's the same jack. It is for future implementation.

Comment

• GENERAL INFO - As we are all aware, there is a lot of good info/descriptions on amps/cabinets amongst the app itself, the web site and the manual. But they are presented/sorted a bit differently in each, making it hard (for me anyway) to look something up on one based on what one sees in the other. I cross-referenced/simplified it for my own sanity/amusement– and posted my findings if anyone is interested, under LISTS on the ready reference site here

MINOR SUGGESTIONS -

Suggestion 1 – would it be possible on a future Nexus update to preface the names of the amps with their manufacturer (like is done for the DigiTech amps)? It would be easier to identify them.

Suggestion 2 – would it be possible on a future Nexus up date to preface the names of the cabinet with their manufacturer ? It would be easier to identify them. ( note - the Deglitch cabinets are correctly prefixed in the manual, but the prefix is missing from the Nexus app

Suggestion 3 – Further to the General Info note above, can the info on amps and cabinets as shown in the Nexus app, on the web site, and in the manual – be presented consistently? Some observations:
                The Nexus app has
                o labels for amps/cabinets (missing manufacturer)

o a sort order based on some logic (perhaps based on popularity, or size)

o no titles

o no descriptions

The Web site tabs has
                o No labels

o a sort order that is alphabetic by title/year

o no titles

o no descriptions

The Manual has
                o labels for amps/cabinets (which closely follow the Nexus app with some exceptions) ***

o a sort order that based on label

o a reference to the titles on the web site

o full descriptions

*** In comparing the Nexus amps to the ones listed in the manual, there are some minor anomalies – perhaps one or the other should be corrected, eg:

• the Champion amp in Nexus is show as Tweed Champ in the manual

• Calibers 22 in Nexus is shown as 22 Caliber in the manual

• MK 2B in Nexus is shown a MK 2C in the manual

• Citris 120 in the Nexus amp is labels as OR 120 in the manual

• 2101 Clean in the Nexus apps is labeled as GSP2101 in the manual

• DigiTech Tweed in the nexus app is labelled DigiTech Blackface in the manual

For MK4, the web site listing shows “'93 Mesa Boogie® Mark IV” but the manual description shows a different year and described as ‘94 Mesa Boogie Mark IV) If

• For TriRectiifed, the web site listing shows '01 Mesa Boogie® Triple Rectifier but the manual description shows a different year and described as ‘04 Mesa Boogie Mark IV)

Comment

• I can't speak for DigiTech, but I'm pretty sure there are legal issues with mentioning manufacturer names ("No, that is NOT a Fender amp!"). That's why you see names like "Twang Reverb" and "Martial" in amp sim products, or extensive disclaimers in manuals and such.
                  Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                    View Post

I can't speak for DigiTech, but I'm pretty sure there are legal issues with mentioning manufacturer names ("No, that is NOT a Fender amp!"). That's why you see names like "Twang Reverb" and "Martial" in amp sim products, or extensive disclaimers in manuals and such.

Understood. but they make a dozens of references to Fender, Marshall, Vox, Mesa, etc etc in the manual,,and on the web site.. so why not in the app????

Comment

View Post

Understood. but they make a dozens of references to Fender, Marshall, Vox, Mesa, etc etc in the manual,,and on the web site.. so why not in the app????

Could be due to an Apple IOS app publishing rule. Apple has very stringent rules to control what goes on the app store. In order not to get sued by 3rd parties Apple might be mandating that no app mentions 3rd party names. Just speculating here.

Comment

View Post

Could be due to an Apple IOS app publishing rule. Apple has very stringent rules to control what goes on the app store. In order not to get sued by 3rd parties Apple might be mandating that no app mentions 3rd party names. Just speculating here.

Wouldn't surprise me...Apple exerts a great degree of control over how products are published. I've heard of companies that had updates ready to go, but had to wait for Apple's approval (which can take a while) before the updates could appear on the app store.
                        Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• I assume Apple does not prevent Digitech from organizng Digitech manuals and web sites in a manner that is consistent with whatever Nexus app they end up with ; so Digitech can still act on those comments if they so wish

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                            View Post

I've heard of companies that had updates ready to go, but had to wait for Apple's approval (which can take a while) before the updates could appear on the app store.

Its all about revenues sadly... If your app has a $.99 price tag and/or suitable in-app-purchases along with some angry creatures being flung around which end up contributing to Apple's very healthy P&L statement then you get approved in 1 to 2 days... If you have a free app especially with a small potential user base and no ad revenues guess where you end up in the priority queue... Its sad but thats the way of life.

Comment

View Post

Its all about revenues sadly... If your app has a $.99 price tag and/or suitable in-app-purchases along with some angry creatures being flung around which end up contributing to Apple's very healthy P&L statement then you get approved in 1 to 2 days... If you have a free app especially with a small potential user base and no ad revenues guess where you end up in the priority queue... Its sad but thats the way of life.

I'm viewing it as an exercise in patience and restraint.

Comment

• Question about the USB port.

1) The ipb-10 is often compared to the RP-1000. On the RP-1000, one can configure the unit via the h/w device itself, or, via the USB port by running Xedit software. Does the Xedit software recognize the ipb-10 at all?

2) Down the road, given the ipb-10 indeed does have a USB port, does this mean that at some point, the possibility might exist, to control the ipb-10 via Xedit-like software?? This would be an awesome capability to offer, for use when the ipad in not available.

Comment

Working...
                                X