No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by mck
    View Post

< $50 for the whole lot... I'd wager the actual wireless components would cost less than $20 at the volumes Digitech buys. Lets hope this can be considered in the next iteration of this great product. The added benefit would be that this type of connectivity would open up possibilities for Android tablets and many more.

We don't purchase anywhere near that volume and we don't get the same price breaks that cell phone and toy makers get. Believe me, we looked (and are looking) into it and the cost ended up being prohibitive.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
      View Post

We don't purchase anywhere near that volume and we don't get the same price breaks that cell phone and toy makers get. Believe me, we looked (and are looking) into it and the cost ended up being prohibitive.

I can appreciate that. Lets hope by the time your next hardware iteration is due the cost constraints come down further in this field.

Comment

• DigiTechRep ,

Have you given any thought to selling an optional ipb-10 companion/interface device ?

Imagine an optional simple digitech (or thirdpaty) offering that :

• was reasonably priced ( say $59-$99)

• connected to the ipb-10 just like an ipad would

• had dock connectors on top (or at rear) to enable the ipad to connect to the compnaion device via an extender cable

• had top mounted dock connector to enable the ipad to be docked to it directly (without manully connecting each time)

• allowed the ipad to be charged

• provided some very basic hardware controls/features ( via up/down scrolling, push buttons, even additional stomp switches) that were heretofore only available on the ipad, to enhance the independent/ standalone functionality – ie when one wanted to leave the ipad at home.

• perhaps even offered wi-fi-connectivity through it

• etc etc

Crude concept pic below.

I’d buy one in a flash and would keep it connected all the time, plugging my ipad to it, as needed.

Thoughts?

iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
        My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by RickyKeith
          View Post

I'm not with Digitech, but I'll chime in...

I'm using the IPB-10 with a 4-cable system, just as I did with my RP-1000, so it works fine. What is a little odd, though, is that to get the amp loop into the signal flow, you have to first add an amp model, and there is no "direct" amp model as one of the choices. Not a big problem, and you can then switch between your amp's preamp and the amp model using the AMP footswitch. Again, though, there is an oddity in that the AMP footswitch state - external amp preamp vs. amp model - is not remembered in your preset. This is causing me some trouble as I'd like some presets to use my external preamp and others use a model, and I don't want to have to remember to push another switch to get it into that state.

Hope that helps.

Will someone verify this. If the IPB doesn't maintain the AMP footswitch state in a preset, then that is a deal breaker for me.
          Good deals with: chrometoyz

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by conjurerofriffs
            View Post

Will someone verify this. If the IPB doesn't maintain the AMP footswitch state in a preset, then that is a deal breaker for me.

I've been testing this for the past two days and it is definitely saving the switch state, as it should be. I have video showing it working. After testing I think that RickyKeith may be experiencing a different issue. RickyKeith I'll send you a PM with my contact info and we'll see if we can figure out what is going on.

Comment

View Post

I've been testing this for the past two days and it is definitely saving the switch state, as it should be. I have video showing it working. After testing I think that RickyKeith may be experiencing a different issue. RickyKeith I'll send you a PM with my contact info and we'll see if we can figure out what is going on.

awesome! thanks!

where can we find this video?
              Good deals with: chrometoyz

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by conjurerofriffs
                View Post

awesome! thanks!

where can we find this video?

I'm having proxy issues, PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you.

ETA: Sent.

Comment

View Post

I did some experimenting, and I can get the AMP state to save in a preset. What I see is that it's somewhat random (as far as I can tell) whether engaging or disengaging the AMP button will cause the Quick Save button to become enabled. As if the AMP button state change isn't always "dirtying" the preset. And if it isn't, maybe performing a Quick Save (after making some other changes) won't properly save the state? I didn't try to verify that. Just a guess. For others' sake, let's hope my unit has a problem, though for my sake I hope a new firmware release fixes this.

I've observed another problem. When a preset is assigned to multiple banks and I perform an edit and then a Quick Save, I am only sometimes presented with the "Preset has multiple assignments" message. Even when the message does not pop up, it appears that my edits are properly saved such that I can recall the preset from either location without a problem. This is making me nervous, though...

Now, one more thing, though this is a feature request. The reason I'm saving presets to multiple locations is that I keep all of them in alphabetic order (more or less, since reordering is painful) in one set of banks, and then assign them in setlist order (which changes every gig!) in another set of banks. It'd sure be nice if the software would make this easier by supporting drag and drop reordering. For that matter, I don't really care about banks of 5 - next and previous footswitches are all that's needed, perhaps with a display of previous, current and next presets (on the iPad).

Thanks

Comment

• We each have our own use-cases for how we use the ipb-10. Mine is one where:

a) I will normally NOT have the ipad connected

b) I will initailly be using many of the factory presets

As such, I will have no way to readily "see" what the presets are.

So, I want to compile my own ready reference file of the presets , that I could keep on the computer in my music room, viewable on my large screen monitor.. just a simple spreadsheet.

(Essentailly this is what one would see in the factory tab of the nexus app.)

I know its anal, but hey, it works for me

I can build it from scratch, as I have started to do, but before I take it too far, is any of this data already available in electronic format ? (I already grabbed what I could from the manual) . I could then bring it into my spreadheet and save myself some time!

See sample here

Comment

• You can take snapshots of your iPad screen when you're looking at the factory tab. It gets saved as a photo on your iPad. You can then print it or look at it on your screen. Not as versatile as having a sortable Excel etc list but should be something to get you going.

PS - Power button & home button pressed simulatenously gets you the screen capture. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mck
                        View Post

PS - Power button & home button pressed simulatenously gets you the screen capture. Hope this helps.

For my little index project,

-populating the banks, numbers, names, and genre is not a problem - already done.

-populating the name of the amp and cabinet - havent found a listing yet - may need to go brute force on that one

-re pedals, ya, the screen shots are an interesting idea (a lot of clicks to capture them all, but it would make for a nice web page presentation..although they still dont show names of the amps/cabinets.

This whole index/screen thing would be a nice feature for Digitech to have on thier web site ( hint, hint)..

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                          View Post

This whole index/screen thing would be a nice feature for Digitech to have on thier web site ( hint, hint)...

Comment

• The visual index of presets ( and utlimately applied settings) was pretty easy to put together. I cant beliwve how fast one can create 100 screenshots on an ipad !!)

So now I have what I was after for ready reference on my local pc.

For those who are interested, I placed a copy here

Comment

• Thanks for the contribution to the thread!! Much appreciated, and I'm sure others will appreciate it as well.
                              N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                                View Post

For those who are interested, I placed a copy here

This is amazing! Thank you very much for putting in the effort and sharing it so. Very nicely presented material as well. Very very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X