No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
    View Post

Yes we discovered this one too, we have a fix that will be in the next update (imminent BTW).

Great news!!! Will this new update be a collection of bug fixes or are there any new features / improvements introduced as well? Can't wait!!!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mck
      View Post

Great news!!! Will this new update be a collection of bug fixes or are there any new features / improvements introduced as well? Can't wait!!!

It will probably be a two-part release. First will be a bug fix release, followed by a feature release a couple weeks later. One of the new features is causing us some headaches and needs a longer test cycle.

Comment

View Post

It will probably be a two-part release. First will be a bug fix release, followed by a feature release a couple weeks later. One of the new features is causing us some headaches and needs a longer test cycle.

Great to hear bug fix release is imminent and even better to hear new features are on the way! Very good news. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

View Post

Yep, they are both being worked on as I type this.

Do you know if the FS3X might end up working with a future IPB-10 firmware update? I just want to know whether to sell it bundled with my RP1000 or hang on to it...

Thanks

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by RickyKeith
            View Post

Do you know if the FS3X might end up working with a future IPB-10 firmware update? I just want to know whether to sell it bundled with my RP1000 or hang on to it...

Thanks

Definitely hang on to it.

Comment

• I joined this forum just so I could chime in here. I received the ipb-10 for Christmas and absolutely love it! I don't have too much to add, but I did want to mention that if you're looking for a bag for the board I can recommend the Gator G-Club Control 25 (http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.as...atalogID=13256.

I've been using this bag and it's pretty great. Keep up the great work DigiTech!

Comment

• Thanks for chiming in, and welcome to the forum! So far reactions seem extremely positive, except for those trying to move quickly through a large number of patches using an iPad 1.
                Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                  View Post

There are a few instructive things here. First, it seems that switching either occurs on a zero-crossing, or there's a very quick fade to zero. This would account for the lack of clicks.

Second, the gap is totally silent.

Hmm, I'm getting thunks and clicks of varying loudness when switching presets. I'm thinking that this problem might have developed over time, though my memory is not perfect on this. I wonder if I have a hardware issue? Hopefully, the upcoming firmware update will magically fix it (by resetting stuff). I could try restoring the unit to factory default, but I'm nervous about losing all my hard work in creating presets. I wonder how sync works - always from iPad to IPB-10? Some sort of merge based on edit timestamps?

Comment

• Digitech Rep, please forgive my novice question but the ibp-10 does have the "4 cable" system like the rp1000, correct?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by edlg42
                      View Post

Digitech Rep, please forgive my novice question but the ibp-10 does have the "4 cable" system like the rp1000, correct?

I'm not with Digitech, but I'll chime in...

I'm using the IPB-10 with a 4-cable system, just as I did with my RP-1000, so it works fine. What is a little odd, though, is that to get the amp loop into the signal flow, you have to first add an amp model, and there is no "direct" amp model as one of the choices. Not a big problem, and you can then switch between your amp's preamp and the amp model using the AMP footswitch. Again, though, there is an oddity in that the AMP footswitch state - external amp preamp vs. amp model - is not remembered in your preset. This is causing me some trouble as I'd like some presets to use my external preamp and others use a model, and I don't want to have to remember to push another switch to get it into that state.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Question on connecting an iPad to the Digitech ipb-10

( I posted this in another thread but didn't get any replies)....

Q1) DIRECT CONNECT - Do I understand correctly that the iPad does NOT seamlessly "dock" into the ipb-10, but rather one needs to manually connect a hard-wired digitech cable connector to the ipad dock port and then seat the connected ipad in the unit - correct?

Q2) EXTENSION CABLE - I have heard some say they had problems using an extended cable - whereas others had no issue with using premium cables such as those here: http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockXtender.html . Is there a consistent verdict on the use of cables? Definitely like the extended cable route, putting the ipad on a stand or desk. My ipad can NOT be dedicated to guitar room (when needed to configure the ipb-10), so I much prefer to simply dock it as needed.

Q3) WI-FI CONNECTION - Rather than requireing the use of a manual connector, or use of extended cables, is there a reason why this couldn't have been done with a wi-fi connection - ie no docking, no cables? I guess this is not something we will see in a firmware upgrade, but only in the next hardware generation of ipd-nn units.
                        iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                        My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• MediaMan09, I saw your PM first and answered there.

Comment

View Post

MediaMan09, I saw your PM first and answered there.

Well don't keep us in suspense...I know the answer to (1) is yes, and I think the answer to (2) is "depends on the cable," but I'm wondering about (3). Is it because of the complications of requiring an additional wi-fi router?
                            Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Wi-fi answer - cost consideration.
                              iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                              My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                                View Post

Wi-fi answer - cost consideration.

Hardware cost of implementing wifi connectivity onboard is now really miniscule... See toys like : http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/26/a...re-reasons-to/

< $50 for the whole lot... I'd wager the actual wireless components would cost less than $20 at the volumes Digitech buys. Lets hope this can be considered in the next iteration of this great product. The added benefit would be that this type of connectivity would open up possibilities for Android tablets and many more.

Comment

Working...
                                X