Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
    View Post

Thanks, it was nice.

I've been reading the TGP threads, but I really don't feel right jumping over there since my presence in this thread was specifically requested by Craig. Mediaman is doing great stuff, he's a good dude.

You have an open invitation, with wide open arms, and red carpets, to post on TGP anytime! We are all in the same boat here and your presence was and is always most welcome and desired. Its always great when you chime in, when you can, on any forum. I and others can only do and say so much from the user perspective, but none of us can really speak from a Digitech perspective
    iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
    My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Yea but I'd like to be able to do it more easily. Like in the amplitude app you can select bpm sync and then just go through your 1/4 note delays(straight,dotted,triplet) or your 1/8 note delays etc. That way I could just leave it set on dotted 1/8th note delay but tap in the regular tempo.

Comment

• Rather than pwn you one last time and waste space trying to answer disingenuous points and rhetorical questions, I'll restrict myself to four comments.

...Over at TGP, there is a healthy, mature and critical discussion of DT, specifically with regards to the iPB-10. You should check it out.

I already have, because MediaMan09 does good work.

You should understand there is a difference between something labeled “General Discussion” and something labeled “Pro Review.”

What a completely myopic view of musicians! Do you seriously expect us to buy gear that we consider disposable? My 1968 Martin D-28 would like a word with you.

As if I said anything remotely related to expecting people to buy disposable gear...this is what I mean by disingenuous. Anyway, I too would like to have a word with your Martin D-28, as I wasn’t aware it has had numerous updates to take advantage of the many advancements in acoustic guitar construction that have occurred in the last 40+ years. You've underscored my point: You buy a product for what it does, not what you hope/wish it might be someday.

Thanks, but WE already know it's a great product. It's the company that SUCKS! (Seriously, try to keep up)

This is not a review of a company, a marketing campaign, or an ad budget spend. It is a review of a product. I don't know why you find that so difficult to understand, or why it's so vitally important to you that I turn a review into something it was never intended to be.

Listen, let me save you the trouble of "blocking" me again. Please delete my account.

Gladly. You have contributed nothing that would allow people to understand more about the pros and cons of the iPB-10, or how to maximize its potential if you’re a user. That is the purpose of a review.
        Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
          View Post

Just want to be crystal clear that we draw the important distinction between :

- the outstanding work Craig has done here (and the discussion it generated) and

- the frustartions many of us had and are having with the HC forum service

You think you've been frustrated...

As you may know (or not, if you haven't been here), the forum performance has improved dramatically over the past several days as IT zeroed in on the problem. Actually it would be more accurate to say "problems," as there were several interlocking elements and they ALL had to be fixed before there could be an improvement. That's why incremental fixes made no apparent improvement; it was like a combination lock where you had to hit ALL the numbers before the lock opened.

Here's what I think we should do.

This thread was intended to be like other Pro Reviews, and they usually don't turn into a "User's Group" but have a natural curve where participation grows during the course of the review, and once the unit has been thoroughly examined, participation falls off naturally because there's not much more to say (except in the case of an update). This is not the first time a review has grown into something with more scope, but frankly, it was never intended to become a user group. The forums are really not set up for that sort of functionality, which I think would be better served by specific blogs "living under one roof."

With the permission of DigiTechRep, for whom I have the utmost respect, and the people who contributed so much of value to this thread, I would like to edit this thread down to remove duplicate comments, whining from people with strange agendas, wish list requests that are repeated multiple times, and some comments that are no longer relevant now that there's an update, and turn this into more of a reference. That means the TGP material wouldn't have to duplicate the material here, but can continue "from this point onward."

As I pointed out to thebioguy, you are aiming for a general discussion, which this was never really intended to be.

As to whether to close this thread or not, I do not want to do that. It does have a particular personality with a particular focus that I do not believe the TGP threads will duplicate, nor should they (hey, it's already been done!). If someone reads something in a post here and has a question, that question needs to be answered here rather than expect people to hop forums to ask and answer questions. Also, I want to keep this open as sort of my personal iPB-10 blog as I continue to explore it (which I'll be able to do a lot better when I'm not dealing with dysfunctional forums).

This thread has a particular focus. The TGP threads are fine, but by their very nature they tend to sprawl over a variety of topics. As an analogy, this is like a workshop; TGP's threads are like a cocktail party, with bunches of people talking about different things. I think there's room for both, and DigiTechRep can just duck in from time to time, take the pulse of the two venues, and contribute when he has time.

Overall, I think DigiTechRep's time might be better spent over at TGP (either as a lurker or contributor) as really, the "review" part here is pretty much complete, and the TGP forums might provide a better option for a continuing dialog with users. Of course, if he wants to stop by and say "hi," that's fine with me

Frankly, I think both he and I have put up with some highly unwarranted crap here; my respect for his patience, and the way he's represented his company, is something that sets a very high standard for forum interaction.

Finally, there WILL be a permanent solution to the forum issues above and beyond the fixes that have, thankfully, restored functionality. This would allow for things like HOSTING what MediaMan09 was doing, which I had hoped we could do within the present framework but it was simply not possible.

Whaddya y'all think?

Comment

• Hey guys

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this with the iPB?

I want to record 2 guitar tracks at the same time. One would be my iPB tone (with amp, fx, cab, etc) while the other would just be the clean signal of the guitar that I could re-amp later? Is there a way to set the outputs like this?

Output 1 - iPB bank 1, pedal A

Output 2 - clean guitar signal with no amps, fx, cabs, etc...but passes through and out of the iPB at the same time as output 1
            ------
            http://www.bon-jersey.com
            http://www.richardantonelli.com
            http://amaudioprofiles.bandzoogle.com

Comment

• I agree with everything you wrote Craig.

I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this review. I never really participated on greater HC before this review but now I feel like a regular on many of the fora. I've been participating in a professional and personal capacity on many boards over the years, I used to do tech support for dbx on the old VS88 board and Gearslutz back in the day. But this is the first time I've ever become so involved in a thread. It has been an incredible experience.

As I have mentioned earlier, I will be monitoring the thread here and the new User Group over on TGP. I also have been in close contact will several of the participants of this thread and I plan for that to continue.

Thanks everybody and thanks Craig!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by moreofU
                View Post

-Does Digitech have a new cable and tray option yet for the new Lightening connector on the iPad Mini and the latest iPad?

Not yet, we think we have a solution, it just hasn't been implemented yet. PM me with your email addy for notification when we have the solution.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by moreofU
                  View Post

-Does Digitech have a new cable and tray option yet for the new Lightening connector on the iPad Mini and the latest iPad?

Not yet, we think we have a solution, it just hasn't been implemented yet. PM me with your email addy for notification when we have the solution.

Comment

• Hey Digitech Rep, did you get my pm with my shipping info? Just wondering because I didnt get a reply?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                      View Post

... As you may know (or not, if you haven't been here), the forum performance has improved dramatically over the past several days as IT zeroed in on the problem. ... Finally, there WILL be a permanent solution to the forum issues above and beyond the fixes that have, thankfully, restored functionality.

Thats good to hear as I there as I oaccsionally do check in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                      View Post

...This thread was intended to be like other Pro Reviews, and they usually don't turn into a "User's Group" but have a natural curve where participation grows during the course of the review, and once the unit has been thoroughly examined, participation falls off naturally because there's not much more to say..... frankly, it was never intended to become a user group.

Well stated. And I think we all agree that "somewhere", it's important to have a user group forum for ongoing disccussion. So if this (great) thread is not intended for that purpose, and as the DigitTech.com forum is not ready for prime time, then the TGP threads do seem to remain the logical place for those discussions. So all is good.

View Post

... .... I would like to edit this thread down to remove duplicate comments, whining from people with strange agendas, wish list requests that are repeated multiple times, and some comments that are no longer relevant now that there's an update, and turn this into more of a reference.

Yup good idea - ok with me. Let me know how this affects thread referecnes, as the Ready Reference site links back to specific posts. I can fix them without too much effort if you let me know old and new numbers.

View Post

... That means the TGP material wouldn't have to duplicate the material here, but can continue "from this point onward."

Actually , per an earlier post, replicating HC threads to TGP was never my intent ;it was only a brief consideration if this thread was ever to be removed.

View Post

... As to whether to close this thread or not, I do not want to do that. It does have a particular personality with a particular focus.....

Agree completely. I personal found it to be invaluable.

View Post

... ... If someone reads something in a post here and has a question, that question needs to be answered here rather than expect people to hop forums to ask and answer questions.

Yup, 100%. Applies to any forum. Ask it here, repsond here. Ask is there, respond there.

View Post

... Also, I want to keep this open as sort of my personal iPB-10 blog as I continue to explore it (which I'll be able to do a lot better when I'm not dealing with dysfunctional forums). This thread has a particular focus.

Yup good idea and fine with me.

View Post

... The TGP threads are fine, but by their very nature they tend to sprawl over a variety of topics. As an analogy, this is like a workshop; TGP's threads are like a cocktail party, with bunches of people talking about different things. I think there's room for both, and DigiTechRep can just duck in from time to time, take the pulse of the two venues, and contribute when he has time.

I agree both can co-exist. Not sure the TGP thread are spralwing jsut yet, but they are set up such that new threads can easiy be establshed. We currently have:

DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - General discussion

DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - Shared Patches

DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - Ready Reference

..and new ones, as needed, can easily be added, ie

DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - Gig Bags

DigiTech iPB-10 User Forum - OnSong

etc.

View Post

... Overall, I think DigiTechRep's time might be better spent over at TGP (either as a lurker or contributor) as really, the "review" part here is pretty much complete, and the TGP forums might provide a better option for a continuing dialog with users. ...

Sounds great !

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                        View Post

Yup good idea - ok with me. Let me know how this affects thread references, as the Ready Reference site links back to specific posts. I can fix them without too much effort if you let me know old and new numbers.

Hmmm...that's going to be kind of messy to figure out, as any deletion of any post rearranges the numbers. However, if you can tell me the FIRST post that's referenced (I hope it's later in the thread!!), then I can keep track of how many posts were deleted prior to that post, and then just decrement the post numbers. Similarly, if I know the last post that's referenced, any posts beyond that point can be removed and I won't have to be concerned about messing up the references.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                          View Post

Hmmm...that's going to be kind of messy to figure out, as any deletion of any post rearranges the numbers. However, if you can tell me the FIRST post that's referenced (I hope it's later in the thread!!), then I can keep track of how many posts were deleted prior to that post, and then just decrement the post numbers. Similarly, if I know the last post that's referenced, any posts beyond that point can be removed and I won't have to be concerned about messing up the references.

No worries. I'll work with ya.

The post sI am referring to are thoes assoicated with the limk called "Patch" in the shared patch area, ie here:

http://ipb.mediamanhost.com/docs/ipb...by_Artist.html

So for example the Lonely Boy URL point to this post :

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...1#post46772901

I have extracted the "p=" numbers for you (46772901 in this case) for all the patches, as I can see it in the URL. They are:

If you need the forum post number (1164 in this case). one would need to click on the "Patch " links one by one, here, as I cant see that number in the URL.

Comment

• Alright, I am really interested in this product and just stumbled onto this thread. I read like the 1st 40 pages but I do have some questions and don't want to read the next 60 just yet (actually I do want to read them, I'm just impatient) so excuse me if these questions have been asked already.

I was initially interested in a device to maintain the current tone of my 6505+ head and the RP series and the GSP1101 really caught my eye for this, but the more I hear I think I might be able to use this device for all of my sounds. SO my question is, if go onstage (I play in a Dio tribute band) and plug this into say a Marshall 100/100 power amp, will that give me a oncvincing live tone? I mean Mustaine plays the GSP in a similar setup. Aside from delay spillover and some cab sim options, is the core tone of this unit as good as the GSP1101 for live use through a pweramp?

Also, my main computer is an iMac. Does that present a problem?

Thanks for completely awesome thread.

Mike

Comment

• Hello Mike

I use a Macbook pro for my backing into a allen heath mixer with a USB cable , then out of my iPB10 , XLR outs into 2 channels of the allen heath , I plug a magicstomp into the stomp loop for my Shadows delays , I play Shadows covers + 60s 70s 80s covers , the sounds I get out of the iPB10 are pretty convincing to me and I get plenty of work so the sounds must be convincing to others as well , the only thing missing for me that the iPB10 can't produce is multiple delays , and i really really would like them in the next update . hope this helps . best regards Murray.

Comment

• I have a relatable question. I find that when I am using the volume pedal and press down to go to wah the volume on the wah goes to the highest setting. Is like I am incerasing the volume pressing down to switch to wah. Am I am idiot and now know what to do here? Ive tried different speeds. I want to have both pedals availabel. I love the ipb10 but two seperate physical pedals seem to be a must. Is there something Im not getting?

Comment

Working...
                                X