No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy
    View Post

I waited patiently for weeks for Anderton to chime in with his "Do you have any factual basis for that statement?" and/or for the DTR to claim that such a statement is false or just FUD.

So, I guess it's up to me.

For Guitar Player mag, since Feb 2012 (as far back as my personal issues go), the iPB-10 had appeared in 2 advertisements. TWO ADVERTISEMENTS! (For the Whammy and iStomp? I count 12). This includes the recent Holiday issue. Plastered? Hardly.

I'm sorry you had to wait so patiently for weeks for me to chime in. I have more important things to do than search through magazines for iPB-10 ads to find out whether someone's subjective impression of DigiTech's advertising was correct or not.

Based on your response, I assume you failed to notice that R112 mentioned Guitar Player and numerous other trade magazines. Did you check Guitar World, Sound on Sound, Gitarre + Basse, Music Trades, NAMM Show Daily, Music & Sound Retailer, Premier Guitar, Guitarist, etc. etc. etc. etc.? Surely you realize that GP is an expensive ad buy because of its "golden demographic." If you're going to do ad buys with a limited budget, you're not going to put it all into Guitar Player. Also, you might consider whether GP's target demographic has a significant representation of iOS device users. The magazine itself is starting regular coverage of iOS devices for guitar in the February 2013 issue, because they've decided that using iOS devices with guitar is starting to gain enough traction with their readership to warrant it. A good rule of marketing is to advertise primarily in places that reach your target buyer

I am assuming R2112 got the impression that ads were "plastered" because he saw ads in more than just Guitar Player, or as he specified, "numerous other trade magazines."

So, where's the skepticism Anderton? Where's the discrediting DTR? I guess you only resort to that when the post is negative towards DT. (You should use the "subjectivity alert" more frequently Anderton.)

Your "guess" is wrong. I don't "discredit" anyone unless I have data to back it up. Your personal observations based on looking through only your personal issues of Guitar Player (speaking of "subjectivity alerts") and ignoring "numerous other trade publications" is not significant enough to discredit what R2112 said. If you think that a post by a user of his subjective impressions of an ad campaign are going to cause me to run out and get copies of every music trade publication I can find just so I can call him out on it or not, and what's more do it immediately so you don't have to wait weeks for me to comment on a post I'd forgotten about...well, that's why the is so handy

Well, the Holiday Musician Friend arrived last week and guess what? The iPB-10 is missing! No holiday special. No discount pricing. No bundles. No profiles. No reviews. NOTHING. (Except for a curious offer for a free iPad camera kit if you by any of the RP series boards. Does the RP series even interface with iPads??). Funny thing is, the iPB-10 IS being discounted (down to $419....even on Musician Friend! Do a search). --remember everyone, this is their "Flagship" product (according to the DTR).

Most people posting here have figured out that this thread is a review of the iPB-10 and provides a common place for sharing patches, techniques, and suggestions for future updates - its focus is not on the efficacy or lack thereof regarding DigiTech's marketing campaigns, or the prominence particular companies decide to give to marketing the iPB-10 to end users.

Perhaps you persist with this curiously Quixotic agenda because you are concerned there will be no more updates if the unit has lukewarm sales. This is a concern with any product, unless of course it cannot be updated. The question a potential buyer should always ask, as I recommend and have mentioned before, is "does this product do what I need now?" Obviously this thread is populated primarily with people who prefer to use the iPB-10 rather than speculate about peripheral matters, and also obviously, a lot of people are very happy with the iPB-10. As to other opinions:

Musician's Friend user reviews gave an average of 4.5 stars

Guitar Center's user reviews gave an average of 4 stars

Sweetwater's user reviews gave an average of 4.5 stars

Amazon's user reviews gave an average of 5 stars

zZounds's user reviews gave an average of 5 stars

(visit http://www.digitech.com/en-US/support for a look at the bone-yard).

Per your suggestion I went there, and found manuals in four different languages, a quick start, and net updaters for Windows and Mac. Obviously the Apple store is where you get Nexus updates, and if you click on the Nexus update on the support page, it leads you to version 1.06. There's also a link to register your iPB-10, and a link to contact tech support if you're having problems. I'm not quite sure what you were expecting.

I'm on my way to TGP also. Maybe we can find some serious and unbiased discussion about DT and the iPB-10.

As opposed to all that frivolous and biased discussion we've had here by people who, oddly enough, seem to think this is a place to share insights about the iPB-10, discuss patches, learn how to exploit it to its fullest potential, post audio examples, and offer suggestions for future updates.

I truly don't care what you think of me, but to belittle the efforts of the people who have contributed so much of substance to this thread is uncalled for, arrogant, and insulting.
    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

• I have a Fender Concert Ii and am using the ipb10 hooked up with the 4 cable method to my amps effect loop. When I do that the amps reverb is taken out of the equation altogether even when I put the ipb10 in bypass mode. The reverb works fine when I just hook the ipb10 to the amp input. I think it the amp bypassing the reverb when using the effects loop but I wanted to know if anyone else has had that issue. I like my amps reverb better than the ipb10's.

Comment

• Well, I've been waiting to use my IPB-10 with an iPad forever. My wife sold her laptop and we got a new iPad - which has the new lightening connection. I had to get an adapter cable ($40) for the IPB-10 - because from my understanding there isn't a replacement available from Digitech yet (iPhone 5 has lighting, now iPad - logically so will everything else eventually). I can confirm for anyone who might be in the same boat as me that the adapter cable does not work due to it's size. I tried putting the other cable entirely within the body of the ipb10 and it still doesn't work - very disappointing. The problem is the length of the cable on the lightinging side. This is the cable I tried:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...-02-m?fnode=45

I am going to try one other cable that is available if i can find it. This one:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...apter?fnode=45

If that doesn't work anyone that has a new ipad is SOL with their ipb10 until digitech gets us a replacement cable for the 30 pin conneciton out there.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by LandonC
          View Post

Well, I've been waiting to use my IPB-10 with an iPad forever. My wife sold her laptop and we got a new iPad - which has the new lightening connection. I had to get an adapter cable ($40) for the IPB-10 - because from my understanding there isn't a replacement available from Digitech yet (iPhone 5 has lighting, now iPad - logically so will everything else eventually). I can confirm for anyone who might be in the same boat as me that the adapter cable does not work due to it's size. I tried putting the other cable entirely within the body of the ipb10 and it still doesn't work - very disappointing. The problem is the length of the cable on the lightinging side. This is the cable I tried:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...-02-m?fnode=45

I am going to try one other cable that is available if i can find it. This one:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...apter?fnode=45

If that doesn't work anyone that has a new ipad is SOL with their ipb10 until digitech gets us a replacement cable for the 30 pin conneciton out there.

Actually I can see already there is no way that other adapter will work either. There is simply not enough room for the connection using an adapter. Digitech, we need a solution.

Comment

• What amp model would be good for bass?

Comment

• Hi. Just visiting!

Please check out the new user-initiated iPB-10 User Survey !

Thanks

Mediaman
              iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
              My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                View Post

I'm sorry you had to wait so patiently for weeks for me to chime in.

Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                View Post

I have more important things to do than search through magazines for iPB-10 ads to find out whether someone's subjective impression of DigiTech's advertising was correct or not.

Oops.

Ah, but that's the point, isn't it. You choose to view it as subjective when it suits your agenda. It is, in fact, not.

View Post

Based on your response, I assume you failed to notice that R112 mentioned Guitar Player and numerous other trade magazines.

Quite the contrary. Unlike your frequently edited quotes, I quoted the sentence intact. Look again

View Post

Did you check Guitar World, Sound on Sound, Gitarre + Basse, Music Trades, NAMM Show Daily, Music & Sound Retailer, Premier Guitar, Guitarist, etc. etc. etc. etc.?

No, did he mention them by name? I'm sure there are far more foreign markets than your paltry list includes. Digitech is global company, is it not?

View Post

Surely you realize that GP is an expensive ad buy because of its "golden demographic." If you're going to do ad buys with a limited budget, you're not going to put it all into Guitar Player. Also, you might consider whether GP's target demographic has a significant representation of iOS device users. The magazine itself is starting regular coverage of iOS devices for guitar in the February 2013 issue, because they've decided that using iOS devices with guitar is starting to gain enough traction with their readership to warrant it. A good rule of marketing is to advertise primarily in places that reach your target buyer

2013?? My concern is specifically about past practice. Try to keep up.

View Post

I am assuming R2112 got the impression that ads were "plastered" because he saw ads in more than just Guitar Player, or as he specified, "numerous other trade magazines."

Do you have any factual basis for that statement?

View Post

Your "guess" is wrong. I don't "discredit" anyone unless I have data to back it up. Your personal observations based on looking through only your personal issues of Guitar Player (speaking of "subjectivity alerts") and ignoring "numerous other trade publications" is not significant enough to discredit what R2112 said. If you think that a post by a user of his subjective impressions of an ad campaign are going to cause me to run out and get copies of every music trade publication I can find just so I can call him out on it or not, and what's more do it immediately so you don't have to wait weeks for me to comment on a post I'd forgotten about...well, that's why the is so handy

Not to mention the complete failure to address the point of the post (and my concern of the past few months). DT is dropping the ball on the iPB-10. The failure to advertise and the failure to get into the HOLIDAY issue of Musician Friend, is the kind of mistake that kills products (and costs jobs).

View Post

Most people posting here have figured out that this thread is a review of the iPB-10 and provides a common place for sharing patches, techniques, and suggestions for future updates - its focus is not on the efficacy or lack thereof regarding DigiTech's marketing campaigns, or the prominence particular companies decide to give to marketing the iPB-10 to end users.

Funny, over at TGP, there is a healthy, mature and critical discussion of DT, specifically with regards to the iPB-10. You should check it out.

View Post

Perhaps you persist with this curiously Quixotic agenda because you are concerned there will be no more updates if the unit has lukewarm sales.

My turn to use the

View Post

This is a concern with any product, unless of course it cannot be updated. The question a potential buyer should always ask, as I recommend and have mentioned before, is "does this product do what I need now?"

What a completely myopic view of musicians! Do you seriously expect us to buy gear that we consider disposable? My 1968 Martin D-28 would like a word with you.

View Post

Obviously this thread is populated primarily with people who prefer to use the iPB-10 rather than speculate about peripheral matters, and also obviously, a lot of people are very happy with the iPB-10. As to other opinions:

Musician's Friend user reviews gave an average of 4.5 stars

Guitar Center's user reviews gave an average of 4 stars

Sweetwater's user reviews gave an average of 4.5 stars

Amazon's user reviews gave an average of 5 stars

zZounds's user reviews gave an average of 5 stars

Thanks, but WE already know it's a great product. It's the company that SUCKS! (Seriously, try to keep up)

View Post

Per your suggestion I went there, and found manuals in four different languages, a quick start, and net updaters for Windows and Mac.

Try pulling down the product support menu and count the number of discontinued products on their list. Scary. Dumping products and leaving customers behind is a pattern for DT.

View Post

Obviously the Apple store is where you get Nexus updates, and if you click on the Nexus update on the support page, it leads you to version 1.06. There's also a link to register your iPB-10, and a link to contact tech support if you're having problems. I'm not quite sure what you were expecting.

No, of course you wouldn't.

View Post

As opposed to all that frivolous and biased discussion we've had here by people who, oddly enough, seem to think this is a place to share insights about the iPB-10, discuss patches, learn how to exploit it to its fullest potential, post audio examples, and offer suggestions for future updates.

I truly don't care what you think of me, but to belittle the efforts of the people who have contributed so much of substance to this thread is uncalled for, arrogant, and insulting.

"efforts of the people"?? I'm pretty sure you're the only problem here.

Listen, let me save you the trouble of "blocking" me again. Please delete my account. I can't seem to find out how to do it in your "settings" page.

Comment

• Hey Digitech Rep, I was wondering if you could help me out since I can't seem to get through the support page from your Digitech website. So I've tried three times now using the contact form on the support page and keep getting an error. Here is what I was trying to post.

I bought the ipb-10 from musicians friend with their gold coverage warranty on Oct 15th, 2012. The cable connecting to my iPad worked fine up until about 3 days ago. It now will not hold the connection(sync) unless I push really hard and hold the two together. I was wondering if its possible for you guys to just send me a new cable since its easy to replace?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Sure, PM me your shipping info.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                      View Post

Sure, PM me your shipping info.

Welcome back! Hope you've had a great vacation and recharged the batteries. Please come join us on TGP if you have a moment. Great momentum there. Looking forward to having your interaction once again.

Comment

• DigiTechRep, I'd love to hear some update/plan/timeframe for the cabled needed to work with the iPad lightning connection. The brief vague answers I got from support weren't very satisfying.

To quickly summarize - I got my IPB-10 first, then an iPad just last week. The new lightning connection won't fit in the housing even by itself.

As a customer I'd like to know a time frame of when we can expect to see a cable available that will work allowing you to close the iPad in the housing like normal. It would be great if I knew where to look for the availability of such a product, and even better if I could sign up to be notified when it was available.

Until then, I am forced to play without my IPB-10 live (tonight for example) because since I can't get it in the protective housing I don't want to risk taking it on stage. I already had to buy an adapter cable for $40, and I don't want to buy another extension cable and put it on a stand or anything like that (might fall over).

This issue is very important to me, and while I assume most folks on here have the older 30 pin iPad connection I do not.

Thanks in advance with your reply.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mck
                          View Post

Welcome back! Hope you've had a great vacation and recharged the batteries.

Thanks, it was nice.

Please come join us on TGP if you have a moment. Great momentum there. Looking forward to having your interaction once again.

I've been reading the TGP threads, but I really don't feel right jumping over there since my presence in this thread was specifically requested by Craig. Mediaman is doing great stuff, he's a good dude.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by LandonC
                            View Post

DigiTechRep, I'd love to hear some update/plan/timeframe for the cabled needed to work with the iPad lightning connection. The brief vague answers I got from support weren't very satisfying.

We are working on a new cable right now. The spec just came in and we should have a new connector worked up soon. Unfortunately I don't have an exact time frame for you. PM me your contact info and I will directly email you as soon as it is complete.

Comment

• Got one more question for anyone who can answer. Is there anyway to set the delay easily to say for instance a dotted 8th note delay or do I have to figure it out in ms's every time? If so, I think this would be an easy and cool feature for the next update!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Gobbyparts
                                View Post

Got one more question for anyone who can answer. Is there anyway to set the delay easily to say for instance a dotted 8th note delay or do I have to figure it out in ms's every time? If so, I think this would be an easy and cool feature for the next update!

Just hold down the delay button and tap it out?
                                ------
                                http://www.bon-jersey.com
                                http://www.richardantonelli.com
                                http://amaudioprofiles.bandzoogle.com

Comment

Working...
                                X