No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by Fireproof
    View Post

You have to VISIT the specific thread to get any more notifications for that specific thread. The notification system assumes that after it sends you ONE notification - then you know there are unread posts. So it stops sending notifications for that thread. You have to physically log into the forum to read the latest posts in that thread (which as you said, could be many more than the one for which you were notified). Then you log out and go on your way. You'll get notified again, when a new post is made. But only once. Then you have to log in to view the forums again.

Well then it's a bad system here and different from every other vB Bulletin, or whatever this forum application is called. In every single other one I will get a notification whether I visit the thread, or not. I don't have to log in or visit the thread and I will get a notification on each and every thread I have taken part in.

Yes, I have checked to be notified instantly here.

On the others I get notified even on threads that were inactive for years where some guy googles something and arrives at a three year old thread that I've participated in and posts there. It even happens on forum sites I have forgotten I had an account in because it's been years since I visited there.

Of course, I also get notification off of very active forums where I've recently participated. The only similar thing on this and the others is that I don't get more than one notification for postings that are very close to each other in time. For those I get the thing about "there may be other postings that you will not be notified about". If someone posts 2 days later and I haven't visited those other site's forums, I will still get notification. Join the stompbox.net and see what I mean.

By the way, I greatly appreciate your trying to explain this to me and don't take my posts as angry, ungrateful ones. My frustration might come off as rude.

Comment

• For the reasons outlined above, I think my patience has run out with HC.

For forum disucssions,

- I set up three threads at The Gear Page.

- They are : iPB-10 User Forums : General discussion | Shared Patches | Ready Reference

- Hope to see you there. ( you too DigiTechRep!!)

No change re committment to the iPB-10 Ready Reference web site.

Mediaman
      iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
      My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
        View Post

For the reasons outlined above, I think my patience has run out with HC.

I set up three threads at The Gear Page.

iPB-10 User Forums : General discussion | Shared Patches | Ready Reference

Hope to see you there. ( you too DigiTechRep!!)

Mediaman

Wow, you should see how long it took to get it to respond so I could post this. Anyway, if everyone does start going to the other site in droves and this one ends, you guys make sure and copy & paste all pertinent information. If you guys think the original author of a part you found helpful will not be doing it himself, do it for him. At least there would be another good thing about the change, all other non-pertinent stuff would be left out of that new thread over there. You know, like my annoying rant about email notifications, ha ha ha.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
          View Post

For the reasons outlined above, I think my patience has run out with HC.

For forum disucssions,

- I set up three threads at The Gear Page.

- They are : iPB-10 User Forums : General discussion | Shared Patches | Ready Reference

- Hope to see you there. ( you too DigiTechRep!!)

No change re committment to the iPB-10 Ready Reference web site.

Mediaman

Took f.o.r.e.v.e.r to post this... but just wanted to say I'm right behind you.

Mannydingo - no worries about your frustration. I'm just trying to help if I can and I don't take it to be aimed at me. It could be some thread settings that HC has here that is set differently than other forums. Not sure.
          Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
          - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
          - '06 Martin D-16R
          - '07 Little Martin
          - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
          - Marshall JMP-1C
          - Marshall Class 5
          - Marshall DSL401
          - Egnater Tweaker
          - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• See you over there.

The support and info provided by you guys is awesome to say the least.

Comment

• See you over there.

The support and info provided by you guys is awesome to say the least.

Comment

• Yes, see you all there. Goodbye here.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mannydingo
                  View Post

... you guys make sure and copy & paste all pertinent information. If you guys think the original author of a part you found helpful will not be doing it himself, do it for him. ...

Just want to be crystal clear that we draw the important distinction between :

- the outstanding work Craig has done here (and the discussion it generated) and

- the frustartions many of us had and are having with the HC forum service

Re the latter, for some, is addressed by choosing a different iPB-10 forum of choice,, landing on the TGP forum.

As to the former, as noted earlier, I think this thread has been invaluable, and it clearly inspired many, including myself. Regardless of whether the thread itself stays open or closes down the road, I expect it will not be deleted for a very long time. As such I dont see a pressing need to copy and paste some of its content elsewhere. That said, there are indeed some a few gems here, and if performance never gets adressed, yah, I suppose it could not hurt to take a snaphot of a few of them , gradually over time. Kiind like a "Best Of" series
                  iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                  My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Craig and DTR have certainly been a huge asset here. Hope the support continues.
                    Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
                    - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
                    - '06 Martin D-16R
                    - '07 Little Martin
                    - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
                    - Marshall JMP-1C
                    - Marshall Class 5
                    - Marshall DSL401
                    - Egnater Tweaker
                    - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• While the performance of the forum isn't great, it would be sad to loose DTRs huge input here & that can't necessarily be replicated in another forum. Craig, what are your thoughts?

Comment

• I can't split my time between two forums at this time. I will wait for the issues here on HC to be resolved.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                          View Post

I can't split my time between two forums at this time. I will wait for the issues here on HC to be resolved.

DigiTechRep, I understand and respect your position. After all, your time is better spent fixing issues and improving products rather than chasing user feedback all over the internet. Best would be for DigiTech to get its own forum running better and meeting user needs but till that happens I suspect you will need to follow the users if you care to hear about the issues. The slowness and access issues here are causing us loose valuable time and driving us away. I had to wait 2 days and try about 10 times to get this post in.

Craig, thank you very much for all you have done for our little community. All is and will be most appreciated. Thanks!

Over & out!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mck
                            View Post

I suspect you will need to follow the users if you care to hear about the issues.

I will definitely monitor what is happening both here and on TGP. As of now I'm on vacation for the next week, I'll be interested to discover what has transpired upon my return.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by R2112
                              View Post

Ad for the iPB-10 are plastered all over Guitar Player magazine and numerous other trade magazines. There are numerous demo videos on Youtube...

I waited patiently for weeks for Anderton to chime in with his "Do you have any factual basis for that statement?" and/or for the DTR to claim that such a statement is false or just FUD.

So, I guess it's up to me.

For Guitar Player mag, since Feb 2012 (as far back as my personal issues go), the iPB-10 had appeared in 2 advertisements. TWO ADVERTISEMENTS! (For the Whammy and iStomp? I count 12). This includes the recent Holiday issue. Plastered? Hardly.

So, where's the skepticism Anderton? Where's the discrediting DTR? I guess you only resort to that when the post is negative towards DT. (You should use the "subjectivity alert" more frequently Anderton.)

I have claimed for months that if DT continues to misappropriate resources away from ipb-10 marketing, this unit will die an early death, and at every turn I was met with criticism. The only assumption to be made here it that DT knows what they are doing. Right?

Well, the Holiday Musician Friend arrived last week and guess what? The iPB-10 is missing! No holiday special. No discount pricing. No bundles. No profiles. No reviews. NOTHING. (Except for a curious offer for a free iPad camera kit if you by any of the RP series boards. Does the RP series even interface with iPads??). Funny thing is, the iPB-10 IS being discounted (down to $419....even on Musician Friend! Do a search). --remember everyone, this is their "Flagship" product (according to the DTR).

This is a familiar pattern. When a company lowers prices, and cuts marketing, they are in a "wait and see" mode. When this fails (and it always does), that's when someone like me is usually called in to clean up the mess. Either that, or the product becomes a liability and is (quietly) discontinued. (visit http://www.digitech.com/en-US/support for a look at the bone-yard).

I'm on my way to TGP also. Maybe we can find some serious and unbiased discussion about DT and the iPB-10.

Good luck and keep playing.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drnat1
                                View Post

While the performance of the forum isn't great, it would be sad to loose DTRs huge input here & that can't necessarily be replicated in another forum. Craig, what are your thoughts?

And this is why the was invented. I didn't go online while covering AES, which is standard operating procedure for me, but when I got home (after being stranded in LA for a day due to all the plane disruptions), I couldn't log on to the forums because I had been IP banned. Yes, that's right. So, I phoned another admin to remove my IP from the banned list...only problem was, it wasn't on the IP banned list.

I created an alt, but it didn't have admin privileges so I couldn't fix my real user name, and then I figured that participating under an alt would elicit "yeah, sure, you're Craig, right."

So they fixed it, and now I'm back on.

The forums do seem to be improving compared to the state they were in, and I know IT is working on it, and all concerned know how important it is to resolve this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but also doing burnt offerings, just in case.
                                N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Working...
                                X