Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just ordered an extension cable, waiting for it to be delivered. To me it seems something Digitech needs to take on board for future models of the iPB-10, seeing that it was one of first things users saw as a hardware limitation.

I've seen posts from Mediaman09 and others regarding cables and other interesting ideas that users are bringing up. I think this is great, especially in regards to direct market feedback.

Now obviously you can't please everybody and some ideas might take hold and can be built upon whereas others might be impractical.

A couple of pages back someone mentioned about making the Wah/foot controller detachable so the iPB-10 could be moved onto a desk.

With that in mind and after seeing a lot of users using the extension cable I had the idea of having something like the Alesis iO dock which becomes the housing for the iPad and is also modular meaning that the it can fit into the iPB-10 and be taken out and connected by an extension cable. Maybe Digitech includes a 3 foot version, at least enough to connect from the floor to a desk. If people want longer they buy one.

I've also seen bluetooth mentioned as a way of connecting but obviously cost becomes an issue at some point.

There's a youtube vid of the Alesis iO Dock and at one point the guy doing the demo has a dig, I'm pretty sure, at Digitech mentioning that "you don't have to bend down to operate it", which was funny because after picking it up and showing it to the camera he attempts to place it back on top of his amp and it nearly falls off lol.

Anyway just another idea to throw out there.

Comment

• Silly question but what are custom IRs?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by drnat1
        View Post

Silly question but what are custom IRs?

Impulse Responses. A dynamic function used for speaker (cabinet) simulation.

Comment

• Craig

Perhaps you can shed some light here...

Has HC acknowledged the unacceptable performance and availability issues regarding access to the forum? There are dozens of posts on this topic on several threads. Surely HC is aware of this. I saw Saturdays post re "Forums Are Slow Until Archiving Is Complete" explaining that the forums are " currently performing slower than normal ", but this issue has been around well before this weekend (and still exists). Is there any intent to truly fix it?

I love the forum, and this thread in particular, but as I cannot access it 9 out of 10 times., it's completely frustrating.

Site was not accessible for at least four hours this morning (I see the odd post made it through). I composed mine off line, and came back later to post it. Time is too precious to waste like this.

If HC is not going to take the time and effort to fix it, I think, sadly, I'll stop taking the time and affort to contribute to it. Perhaps its time to consider other options. I'm gonna soon check out the iPB-10 threads on Gear Page and StompBox and others ; I'm sure many of us can link up elsewhereif HC really doesnt intend to address the issue.

Most frustrating.
          iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
          My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• hi

Comment

• Ditto to everything MediaMan09 has said (and asked).
              Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
              - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
              - '06 Martin D-16R
              - '07 Little Martin
              - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
              - Marshall JMP-1C
              - Marshall Class 5
              - Marshall DSL401
              - Egnater Tweaker
              - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by paka
                View Post

I'm using a 6' CableJive extension and having no issues with killing sound from GB.

Ok, I discovered the problem and it is my 15 pin connector that plugs into my iPad. So it looks like I have to get a new cable at least that is what I hope it is and not on the board itself. What is the warranty on the parts for the iPB-10, does anyone know? Really disappointed. I have babied this thing.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Fireproof
                  View Post

Ditto to everything MediaMan09 has said (and asked).

Count me in, too! I'm sick of the forum performance and HC's attitude (obviously neither caring nor interested)

Comment

• Well, I've mentioned the other problem about receiving notifications. I don't own a unit and just got a POD HD PRO in a trade so I will be messing with that for a good long while. Whenever I can afford an IPB-10 to try out, I will though I prefer rack units. Basically being a Digitech guy, the topic is interesting anyway.

Fireproof tried explaining my problem but that's not the problem. I know that if there are multiple postings close to each other in time that you don't get notifications for each one. However, I also don't get them when someone posts even days later. I only get notifications soon after I've logged into the forums here. It's as if punished if you don't visit every so often. I don't get this on any other forum site using this same forum program and format. Am I really the only one having this problem? I've already checked this several times to confirm. It's happening as I say.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mannydingo
                      View Post

... I know that if there are multiple postings close to each other in time that you don't get notifications for each one. However, I also don't get them when someone posts even days later. I only get notifications soon after I've logged into the forums here.s ....

The way it works for me, is that I will always get a new notification, as long as I open the last notification email I receive. So when you say "I only get notifications soon after I've logged into the forums here"; I believe that is correct and by design.

That aside, the real issue now is that I/others can only access the site on a hit and miss basis.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                      View Post

Count me in, too! I'm sick of the forum performance and HC's attitude (obviously neither caring nor interested)

Ya, I have written many times to the webmaster@harmonycentral.com, and to some moderators, and I never even get the courtety of a reply.

Was thinking, it is the users that make a the forum great, so any forum that cares, and has a decent forum engine, will suffice. The Digitech forum would be a logical place to assemble, but they are not ready yet (and to be honest I would rather they devote their resoruces to the product!)

I took a look at some other forums, and thegearpage.net is interesting and has a large following (close to 2 million posts in the Effects area, 1.5 million posts in Amps and 1.3 million posts in Guitars). I am not aware of any issues there, but have not fully researched it.

I contacted Scott Peterson @ thegearpage.net about the possibility of setting up a dedicated Digitech iPB-10 area, with sub forums ....and will let ya know ( if I can !) what he says .

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                        View Post

The way it works for me, is that I will always get a new notification, as long as I open the last notification email I receive. So when you say "I only get notifications soon after I've logged into the forums here"; I believe that is correct and by design.

You see, if that were the case why did I just get a notification that you just posted the above post yet I had not opened any new notifications? All the other posts in that last couple of days I have received no notifications on and only get to see them by logging in to see what's been posted recently on the forums. This happens with no other site's forums using the same forum app.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                          View Post

I contacted Scott Peterson @ thegearpage.net about the possibility of setting up a dedicated Digitech iPB-10 area, with sub forums ....and will let ya know ( if I can !) what he says .

Please keep us posted! I'd be more than happy to leave this place. (The only reason to still come here is this single thread and the people contributing here.) If we can find a new home: Let's go! (Just registered at thegearpage.net)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by mannydingo
                            View Post

You see, if that were the case why did I just get a notification that you just posted the above post yet I had not opened any new notifications? All the other posts in that last couple of days I have received no notifications on and only get to see them by logging in to see what's been posted recently on the forums. This happens with no other site's forums using the same forum app.

You have to VISIT the specific thread to get any more notifications for that specific thread. The notification system assumes that after it sends you ONE notification - then you know there are unread posts. So it stops sending notifications for that thread. You have to physically log into the forum to read the latest posts in that thread (which as you said, could be many more than the one for which you were notified). Then you log out and go on your way. You'll get notified again, when a new post is made. But only once. Then you have to log in to view the forums again.
                            Great transactions with: JRguitar, cbh5150, others forgotten.
                            - '92 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus
                            - '06 Martin D-16R
                            - '07 Little Martin
                            - '12 Traveler Speedster Hot Rod
                            - Marshall JMP-1C
                            - Marshall Class 5
                            - Marshall DSL401
                            - Egnater Tweaker
                            - Yamaha THR10

Fitness & Nutrition Forum

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                              View Post

Please keep us posted! I'd be more than happy to leave this place. (The only reason to still come here is this single thread and the people contributing here.) If we can find a new home: Let's go!

Some thoughts...

1) Normally when you move to a new home, you can pack and take some stuff with you, Clearly not possible here. I suppose thats ok, if this pro review thread eventually gets closed to new comments (and becomes a valaable legacy reference thread)...but it may start to get unproductive if we split our time on multiple forums. That said, I do recognize many names on the TGP site, so some of us are already there. Do we contribute to both? Gravitate to one?

2) I did hear back from TGP. Gotta say I am blown away by how responsive and respectful THEY are. What a pleasure getting a proper response to a question, What a pleasure clicking on a forum link and actually seeing the forum. What a pleasure searching for something and actually finding it. Hmmm, makes ya wanna run away from home

3) So the only real issue is how to strcuture things on the TGP site. Like HC, they dont really do subforums for specfic products, so we'd either have one long thread like here, or have a few with similar syntax, ie:

Digitech iPB10 - General Comments . Q&A

Digitech iPB10 - Shared Patches

Digitech iPB10 - Current Bug List

Digitech iPB10 - Future Request List

,... but even the above would quickly get 'out of formation', as they are seperate threads, ie would not longer be seen as a set over time.

4) The other point is this. There are ALREADY a number of ipB-10 threads all over TGP, per below:
                              http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho....php?t=1156734

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho....php?t=1080244

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho....php?t=1074766

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=920198

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=985793

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=998685

So heres one idea that might work, for the benefit of all users:

1) Let Craig decide what to do with this Pro Review thread, ie keep it going as is, or close it to further comments, but keep it for rerefence.

2) Start one (or four) fresh threads on TGP (given HC server performance is uttetrly frustrating, and DT is not yet ready on their forum)

3) On the Ready Reference site, keep a cross-reference list of all main forums threads related to the iPB-10 ( ie the default active one, and the 'other' legacy ones)

Thoughts?

Comment

• I like the setup for the Boss forum:

http://www.bossgtcentral.com/forum.php

I usually read the Boss GT-100 section and am active there. It is a really great group of guys also - friendly and helpful.

Comment

Working...
                                X