No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
    View Post

Can you edit the name under My Library??

No I can't. If I touch any of the edit fields to open the text box and tap or double tap inside the text box, all I get is "copy-copy all-paste". It happens for the title, description or any of the edit fields.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by gregg29576
      View Post

No I can't. If I touch any of the edit fields to open the text box and tap or double tap inside the text box, all I get is "copy-copy all-paste". It happens for the title, description or any of the edit fields.

Same thing happened to me, not after I updated Nexus, nor after I updated to iOS 6, but right after I ran the firmware update from nexus to my iPB-10. And it was happening in every app, no keyboard was showing up anywhere. Powering off the iPad by holding the power button, then powering it up again cured it.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Illinidan
        View Post

Same thing happened to me, not after I updated Nexus, nor after I updated to iOS 6, but right after I ran the firmware update from nexus to my iPB-10. And it was happening in every app, no keyboard was showing up anywhere. Powering off the iPad by holding the power button, then powering it up again cured it.

That worked. I rebooted the ipad and it is working again. THANKS!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by paka
          View Post

No crash here, but I don't even have an option for tapping on the Genre field in the Assigned view. I do have Name and Genre as options on My Library and Factory Tones.

What gives? We're both running the same version, so this is a strange bug.

If you're on a patch that isn't assigned to a bank on the board, you won't have anything in the right side on Assigned view until you select one of the "Assigned" patches. Could that be it? Once you select one, you should see the same fields as in the other views.

Comment

• Just wanted to mention something for the next update. Tap tempo is essential for delay but would also be nice for some mod effects such as rotary, uni-vibe, etc. I know you can program that to the volume pedal right now but it'd great if I didn't have it be either/or...unless I'm missing something.

Comment

• While experimenting tonight, I can confirm a couple of pedal bugs reported by others...

1. If the noise gate pedal's threshold value is set low(10-12 for example), then the tuner is engaged, when the tuner is deactivated, the noise gate's threshold will be higher. This is detectable by hearing it, but looking at the pedal it won't appear higher, and if you move the knob, the pedal will return to the setting indicated by the knob. E.g. It may be acting like it's set at 30, but it looks like it's set on 10, and as soon as you touch the knob, it will go back to acting like it's on 10, or 11 if you nudge it upward, etc.

2. The Who Do distortion pedal has an effect on the sound when it is in the effect chain, even if it is switched off. Deleting the pedal from the chain goes back to the "uncolored" sound that it should have when the pedal is switched off.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep
                View Post

Forwarded to engineering!

Thanks, DTR! See above for a couple others that should be forwarded too if they weren't already.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Leftyz60
                  View Post

Just wanted to mention something for the next update. Tap tempo is essential for delay but would also be nice for some mod effects such as rotary, uni-vibe, etc. I know you can program that to the volume pedal right now but it'd great if I didn't have it be either/or...unless I'm missing something.

I was just typing this very thing when I ran into the 'missing keyboard' issue after updating the Nexus app. I have been anticipating the addition of tap tempo more than anything in this update. I am a busy working musician that has replaced everything in my setup with this pedal. it sounds fantastic! I love the tones I can get out if it. I'm disappointed in that you can only tap tempo a delay effect, when there are other time-based effects in the pedal that still cannot be controlled here.

also - I guess I kind of hoped that a tap tempo was controlled by the external footswitch jack. why? I remember the DD-6 when it came out... so awesome to have tap tempo included in the pedal. oh wait - I have to stand in this thing for 2 seconds to activate tap tempo? and again to exit it? Boss then changed this in the DD-7 back to the DD-5 implementation, with an external switch. an extra pedal, sure... but you don't have to stand there and wait to go in / out of that mode. I'm actually amazed that the first functionality to come with the mysterious footswitch jack on the rear is of all things... controlling iTunes? WTF, Digitech? as a gigging musician, I could care less about iTunes on my iPad of all things. dedicated control in GarageBand would be cool, but still... that's what you're doing with that switch?? why the external switch couldn't be used for anything other than iTunes control is a major disappointment IMO. why not tap tempo? or, use the switches for turning on / off other pedals beyond the five switches that are there? offer further functionality in your own application before coming up with clever things just so it has a use. again, just my opinion.

I also own an M13 from Line6. the flexibility of control is amazing with this pedal by way of comparison to the iPB-10. I seriously cannot understand how the control of the iPB-10 is so lacking in options. I can assign a single expression pedal on the L6 to any parameter I want, simultaneously. I can go from a completely dry signal to a dripping wet multi-tap delay washed in reverb and back again all with one control. regarding tap tempo as well... L6 allows note division assignment with tap tempo. I can't find a way to achieve that here, unless this is undocumented as well. is it possible for my taps to register as say, dotted eighth notes? that's a pretty popular setting with tap tempo... and something I would rather not have to tap out with my foot on stage if I don't have to.

to my ear, the iPB-10 kills the M13 for raw tones... meaning amp tones and gain / OD / distortion pedals. that's what brought me to this thing in the first place over my M13. but come on. there has to be more on the horizon... please tell me there is. for the record, I also own the GSP1101, and the iStomp. I had a GSP2101 for years too. I like a good share of the company's product line... it just seems like they half-ass it at times... and this, the product I am most excited about is definitely one of those times. for example, all these new features that come out in the update... and no mention of how to get at them in the help file or the manual from the DT website. people have to just mess with it to try and discover this stuff? come on.

Comment

• Can you make the tones sortable by newest. Or is sort by date supposed to do that?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by nippyjun
                      View Post

Can you make the tones sortable by newest. Or is sort by date supposed to do that?

If you are referring to the posted patches/presets, then yes, they can be sorted by Revision Date (most recent on top).
                      iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                      My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Illinidan
                        View Post

My iPad keyboard has stopped working at least three times while using Nexus - I hope Digitech can fix this pronto.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MNStratGuy
                          View Post

I was just typing this very thing when I ran into the 'missing keyboard' issue after updating the Nexus app. I have been anticipating the addition of tap tempo more than anything in this update. I am a busy working musician that has replaced everything in my setup with this pedal. it sounds fantastic! I love the tones I can get out if it. I'm disappointed in that you can only tap tempo a delay effect, when there are other time-based effects in the pedal that still cannot be controlled here.

also - I guess I kind of hoped that a tap tempo was controlled by the external footswitch jack. why? I remember the DD-6 when it came out... so awesome to have tap tempo included in the pedal. oh wait - I have to stand in this thing for 2 seconds to activate tap tempo? and again to exit it? Boss then changed this in the DD-7 back to the DD-5 implementation, with an external switch. an extra pedal, sure... but you don't have to stand there and wait to go in / out of that mode. I'm actually amazed that the first functionality to come with the mysterious footswitch jack on the rear is of all things... controlling iTunes? WTF, Digitech? as a gigging musician, I could care less about iTunes on my iPad of all things. dedicated control in GarageBand would be cool, but still... that's what you're doing with that switch?? why the external switch couldn't be used for anything other than iTunes control is a major disappointment IMO. why not tap tempo? or, use the switches for turning on / off other pedals beyond the five switches that are there? offer further functionality in your own application before coming up with clever things just so it has a use. again, just my opinion.

I also own an M13 from Line6. the flexibility of control is amazing with this pedal by way of comparison to the iPB-10. I seriously cannot understand how the control of the iPB-10 is so lacking in options. I can assign a single expression pedal on the L6 to any parameter I want, simultaneously. I can go from a completely dry signal to a dripping wet multi-tap delay washed in reverb and back again all with one control. regarding tap tempo as well... L6 allows note division assignment with tap tempo. I can't find a way to achieve that here, unless this is undocumented as well. is it possible for my taps to register as say, dotted eighth notes? that's a pretty popular setting with tap tempo... and something I would rather not have to tap out with my foot on stage if I don't have to.

to my ear, the iPB-10 kills the M13 for raw tones... meaning amp tones and gain / OD / distortion pedals. that's what brought me to this thing in the first place over my M13. but come on. there has to be more on the horizon... please tell me there is. for the record, I also own the GSP1101, and the iStomp. I had a GSP2101 for years too. I like a good share of the company's product line... it just seems like they half-ass it at times... and this, the product I am most excited about is definitely one of those times. for example, all these new features that come out in the update... and no mention of how to get at them in the help file or the manual from the DT website. people have to just mess with it to try and discover this stuff? come on.

I've got to admit, for as long as it took to get this update out, it really does almost nothing. Tap tempo is nice for some and maybe the gigging musicians like it but having to hold down the delay switch to activate and deactivate it is just bad. I have a $20 Behringer delay that uses this logic. I too expected the tap tempo to be the external foot switch. I really needed the ability to have two delays times that are accessible at any given time. The only good way for me to have this work for me now is to place another delay pedal in the external effects loop. I was hoping that the delay switch would be used for turning the delay off and on like normal with the external switch being able to be programmed to alternate between two delay times. Since nothing on the iPB-10 can be programmed to affect the delay time (pedal can't), I assume this is something designers built in and will advertising in their next generation. I also agree that using the external foot switch for just iTunes is fairly useless. This took me by complete surprise. Was there actually a list out there of things we users wanted and this somehow floated to the top? I'm glad to be able to share tones but more glad that I can dump my patches as a backup. I still don't see the EQ adjustment and it sound like it didn't change the effect anyway.

Over all, I think Digidesign has again built a board with internal product competition as its basic rule. They will not be updating this board beyond fixing a few bugs. There will be no more effects for it because they would be competing against themselves. There Is no reason to believe this product will go beyond what we now have. And the generation will again have certain bizarre pieces missing.

In some basic ways, my RP2000 that is over 10 years old has more flexibility than the iPB-10. It has one pedal that can be assigned to adjust any parameter ( of course, it was missing some fairly expected things, like a down switch). And my 2112 with the control 1 pedal has 10 pedals that can adjust any parameter on every effect. (I can also have 8 different delays at the same time or 8 different effects). I understand that the amp and cab sims take a lot of processor power but the 2112 is from 1996 or so. I doubt Digidesign has changed most of the effects since then. I also doubt much work had to be done on any of the amps and cabs since the last couple of incarnations of multieffects boards. Great interface just not willing to jump and give the consumer the whole product. Not when they might sometime in the next generation or so. I think the term I'm looking for is, "built in consumer desire." Never give away the whole package. Make them come back for more. And believe me, every company out there uses them same consumer code.

As you can tell, I'm disappointed but not surprised. It's just too bad. I guess I'd loved to be proven wrong just once. I can hardly wait for the next generation.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Stoutsongs
                            View Post

As you can tell, I'm disappointed but not surprised. It's just too bad. I guess I'd loved to be proven wrong just once. I can hardly wait for the next generation.

I fully agree. What really bugs me is the almost inexistent QA (quality assurance) testing that goes into these releases that take ages to get out the door to begin with.

DigiTech has a huge opportunity on this forum. Within hours of the release we identified new issues causing crashes, verified old ones reported almost a year ago are still there and provided huge loads of feedback on usability. Some of our wonderful members created amazing resource websites including a brilliant repository for IPB-10 sound profiles.

Why is DigiTech so dead set on NOT leveraging this community that is so willing to make things better?

Here, I am offering publicly once again. Put me under NDA and give me your pre-release app. I am already a registered Apple IOS Dev and I can provide my UDID etc. Whatever it takes. If you can't test the heck out of this thing before a release then let me do it for you. I'm sure others will join me in offering their time and efforts free of charge as well. I just want this thing to work and will do whatever I can do to help. The only problem is that the help offered with no strings attached is not wanted.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                              View Post

My sense is this. Keep it simple. For both users and me

Recall the shared library concept is not (yet) a native part of the product. We have defacto created one, in literrally hours. outside of Nexus - pretty cool - and the reference site is filling a big void in that regard.

Its suprisingly working pretty well (after our teething pains), so I wouldn't want to mess with it too much, especially because :

1) While it may be techincally possible to build a high-end web app to seamlessly auto process an emailed attachement , and extract meta data from it, and allow users direct editing etc. etc etc. thats really a bit more that I want to chew.

2) MOST IMPORTANT - I think we need to be careful not to over complicate things, or be too onerous on users when it comes to naming conventions. I'm all for automation, and even up for a little manual work at my end (clearly) for the greater good to make the ipb10 experience better, ..but it may not be practical to adopt conventions/suggestions which really can't be enforced. EG the "rules " may suggest naming a patch as Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar, but some may need to called it Set 1 - Stones. Some may want Brown Sugar, some may want Jagger - Rock. And users may or may not want to bother with decsriptions. So if data cant be validated at the soruce, getting to cleaver might not be a great idea.

3) While clean standardized NAMES are of course desireable, and a NAMEing convention like artist-song, while clean canot be enfored. And regardles of cealn/dirty names. thry likely would always, be tweaked, once imported to meet individual preferences.

So that said, all I really need for the library concept, is for the user to
                              • name the tone with a artist-song convention if possible, if not dont sweat it

• send the preset file via NEXUS ( as they have been doing today) to resets@mediamanhost.com" rel="nofollow">presets@mediamanhost.com

• leave the subject line as is (so I can auto rule them)

• somewhere in the body include

-Song (if not already in the name)

-Artist (if not already in the name_

-user name (if not already obvious from the sending email address)

Note, on the reference site, the Song and Artisst can be enforced , (ie I will keop then clean and will responf to user feedback to clean them) so perhaps that's the best solution in the end.

Thoughts?

Final point, I look at this as an interim solution. I'm up for continuous

incremental improvement. Beyond that, if you, or the other gurus, or DT, want to build the ultimate preset sharing app, I say go for it!

It all sounds good! Many thanks for your continued efforts and the the many hours obviously devoted to this rapidly expanding project. It really is amazing what you've done in such a short time. We got patch sharing and in just 2 days you were on it like a rabbit in heat. And now we have a place to store/share patches along with all the other iPb info. VERY cool. DigiTech should send you a bonus check!

Comment

• Had another vision.

It occured to me that given the primary way to import files it to open them off a web page when on the ipad, why not make a page just for that purpose (as opposed to long tabular listing. So, I added a cheat sheet type grid, to make the 'tapping' easier.

It includes only those patches with a shareable file, sorted by Nexus Name (the name that will appear after the import in my Library - so you'll no wehre to find it!.

See link on ready reference site called Shared File Import.

iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                                My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

Working...
                                X