X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by TheRizza
    View Post

Don't use the FS3X for tap tempo. Use the iPB button beneath the delay effect. FS3X is only for controlling music playback on the iPad.

Upon reading SpaceAsOne's post again, I finally figured it out.

I need to stop turning my brain off on Saturdays.

Comment

• DigiTechRep, good job on the update going live finally. Problem is that the iPad1 crash I reported, visually documented and sent you and spoke about on this thread and elsewhere is still there! It was promised to be fixed in the prior update and then in this one but it still is there. I have reset an iPad1 today, set it up fresh with only IPB-Nexus on it and ran it through the presets stepping one after the other one. After about 10 or so preset changes I get the dreaded crash. I can't believe this fundamental issue is still in existence after nearly a year since it has been reported. Thank you very much for all the other functionality additions which are lovely. I really hope your one man development team can find some time to tackle this crash issue before the next update scope is firmed up. Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

• Ok, I've upgraded to iOS6 and upgraded to the newest Nexus software. I do not see a difference in the EQ as posted and after sending myself a tone file, can not figure out how to do anything with it. Using the backup facility in the Nexus software, I sent myself a tones file via email. How to used it. iTunes doesn't seem to accept the file or maybe I don't know how to get it to iTunes.

Since the backup part of the Nexus was not available in the last version, I assume I am running the correct version.

Comment

• Ok, I think I figured out part of the file thing. From my Email I can import it directly to the Nexus app on the iPad.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Stoutsongs
            View Post

Ok, I think I figured out part of the file thing. From my Email I can import it directly to the Nexus app on the iPad.

If you "Share via File Sharing", the Nexus app will write the preset to its document directory. When connected to iTunes, click on the "Apps" tab and you will notice a File Sharing section at the bottom. Click on the Nexus app down there and you will see a folder named "Export". Apparently this contains all patches that you have exported using the file sharing option. Click on that folder, then click "Save To..." and the entire export folder will be saved to your computer.

You can also drag/drop patches from your computer on to that file list box to add patches to the Nexus. When you run the Nexus app, it will automatically import the new patches. I wish it notified you when it successfully exports or imports patches just for some confirmation that the process completed, but that is the obsessive programmer in me acting up.

As an aside to everyone:

I PM'ed MediaMan about how to add a MIME type to the patch database he is creating so that when you touch a link to a patch file on your iPad, it should launch the Nexus app and import the new patch. For the curious, the MIME Type appears to be "application/ipb-10". If you want to host patches on your web site, you will probably need to associate that MIME type with the ipb10p file extension to get it to work properly (open in Nexus when downloaded).

One nice thing is that the patch files are simple XML files. One thing that might be cool is to parse the files and generate pedalboard previews automatically. Instead of screenshots, a site could generate a pic of the patch's effect chain when it is uploaded, dumping out text values of each of the parameters below each pedal.

Parsing them could also allow you to find patches that use a particular pedal. Like the Tube Screamer sound and want to see all patches with Tube Screamers? No problem.

It might also be possible to put multiple patches into a single file so that you can batch download multiple patches. Instead of a single patch per file, have 5 different patches that are all related ("U2's Achtung Baby Patch Set") and download them all at once. I'll have to look into the file format a bit more to see if this is possible though. It should be because the backup file stores multiples and appears to be the same base file format. :-D

This is getting REALLY interesting.

Comment

• I just emailed a few of my patches to Mediaman09 for the web site.

Comment

• 1) Working on the MIME thing now.

2) When sending in the files to resets@mediamanhost.com" rel="nofollow">presets@mediamanhost.com, all is good. two points -

a) I will avoid issues of duplicate file names by keeping a seperate folder to each user.

b) When I get these files in email, I dont really know who is sending me what, so it would be useful to inidcate the HC alias name in the subject or the body, so I know its from R2112 vs paka vs nippyjun etc. Hope that makes sense.

c) also let me know artist/song if not obvious from the filename ( some are not!)
                iPB-10 Ready Reference Web Site
                My new home for forum discussions : DigiTech iPB-10 USER FORUM (at TGP)

Comment

• Thanks for the quick implementation on your site, MediaMan09!

One hint/trick about calibrating the expression pedal after the firmware upgrade:

If the pedal switches on and off too early (so before noticeable pressure is required) go above 99 and then try with a value around 10 - 30).

That did it for me after last FW-upgrade and did it this time again. Hope it helps!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                    View Post

Yes its different on the Apple screen shot (9 dials) , but when you actaully open it, its 6 dials.

6 dials, with 3 switches to change the waveform. I think the 9 dial picture is essentially the same thing with the bottom row of dials to change the waveform.

Basically, same pedal.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAceOne
                      View Post

Thanks for the quick implementation on your site, MediaMan09!

My pleasure - we were all anxious for the update so I got going !

Status re preset sharing

1) All presets submitted to date have been 'processed'

2) I added a sort By Member to the Shared Presets and Patches area of the web site - thought that would be helpful.

3) I am still waiting for my hosting provider to implement the MIME setting (a miillion thanks go out to Reposed Roller and paka for thier assistance on that issue). Should re resolved shortly I expect.

4) In general, my nature is to 'reply' to emails, to confirm your presets have arrived; I know I like to get confirmations when I send things. You will get an auto respond confirmation so you know it was received.

In general, I figure weekend turnaround time will be pretty quick, which is good as thats when volume may be higher. During the week, I should be able to also process them quickly that evening (sorry, I work!). This should also work out as most us wont be sending patches during the day anyway!!

Comment

• Wow, I go away for a few days and come back to find that all he11 has broken loose. The update looks fantastic. The ability to share patches is clearly the big news here and has amazing potential.

And thanks MediaMan for hosting a library. This should be a blast to play with. One thing I would love to see for each patch is a note on how people use it... through an amp (if so which amp, regular input or 4CM?) or a PA/powered speakers. I know that patches I use through my Hotrod Deluxe are very different from those I use through a PA. And maybe even what guitar, or at least whether the patch was created for single-coil or humbucker. Just a thought. Anyway, really looking forward to playing with all of this.

Too bad about the looper, but with the potential ability to control apps through the external pedal, maybe garageband could be the killer looper of the future. That could be interesting!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fingers
                          View Post

...And thanks MediaMan for hosting a library. This should be a blast to play with. One thing I would love to see for each patch is a note on how people use it... through an amp (if so which amp, regular input or 4CM?) or a PA/powered speakers. I know that patches I use through my Hotrod Deluxe are very different from those I use through a PA. And maybe even what guitar, or at least whether the patch was created for single-coil or humbucker. Just a thought. Anyway, really looking forward to playing with all of this...

Ability to do so is now there. Just gotta keep in to a short one liner. See example from TerryMcG.

Comment

• What I observe is this: if I use the tuner, the noise gate's settings are modified to something pretty agressive. I can restore my settings by switching away from the preset and then back. My guess is that tuner mode uses the noise gate but doesn't restore its settings when it's closed. Argh - I was hoping this would be fixed in the new release.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09
                              View Post

Ability to do so is now there. Just gotta keep in to a short one liner. See example from TerryMcG.

So proud to be a good example!

So is it possible to import a shared patch using just iPad (without connecting to a computer)? If so, could someone step thru it? Did the users manual or help get updated to reflect update?

Comment

• Hi,

yes you can. Load iCab Browser app. Open the exchange site. Hold your finger on the file for an moment. Select save file.

Look in you download library and select the file. Use open with app and select nexus.

Thats it.

Comment

Working...
                                X