Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HC Jam #5: Halloween Edition!!!

With Halloween nearly upon us, what backing track could be more appropriate than Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein"?!?!?

Without further ado...

Frankenstein backing: https://app.box.com/s/4df4fuvrno6s3e2qo11nujabd76lxgkq

And here's my take.... I completely winged it, having the song burned into my brain since an early age, but I did have to punch in once half-way through, having completely botched a landing

Red Ant: https://app.box.com/s/q0mooognxi4bh7imrr1dfb718fzvalyr
    Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post
    With Halloween nearly upon us, what backing track could be more appropriate than Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein"?!?!?

Without further ado...

Frankenstein backing: https://app.box.com/s/4df4fuvrno6s3e2qo11nujabd76lxgkq

And here's my take.... I completely winged it, having the song burned into my brain since an early age, but I did have to punch in once half-way through, having completely botched a landing

Red Ant: https://app.box.com/s/q0mooognxi4bh7imrr1dfb718fzvalyr
    Ha! That brought a huge smile to my face. Love how that first solo gets going after you lay into the wang wheel! Great outside stuff at 1:17!! And where the keyboard solo goes to the end was over-the-top wanky awesomeness!!!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Opposite Day View Post

Ha! That brought a huge smile to my face. Love how that first solo gets going after you lay into the wang wheel! Great outside stuff at 1:17!! And where the keyboard solo goes to the end was over-the-top wanky awesomeness!!!
      Yngwie sweeps
      Last edited by Red Ant; 10-24-2015, 11:41 PM.
      Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Yngwie sweeps
        Mwahaha!! Join the dark side!!

While she's talking, I'll use my mind to think of other things. She can't stop my mind!

Comment

Mwahaha!! Join the dark side!!
          I used to enjoy embarrassing "shredder" guitarists in the 80s... but of course back then my technique was fresh off 9 years of intensive study... and now, not so much

-- Vaclav Havel

-- Carl Sagan

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

I used to enjoy embarrassing "shredder" guitarists in the 80s... but of course back then my technique was fresh off 9 years of intensive study... and now, not so much
            Hehe, and almost to the minute that I got my chops up to "shred" level, everyone started listening to stupid Kurt Cobain!

Anyway, here's mine. First take, but I did a a do-over on the keyboard solo part. The first one wasn't pretty!

https://soundcloud.com/stratoholic/frankenbeanswma

Comment

Hehe, and almost to the minute that I got my chops up to "shred" level, everyone started listening to stupid Kurt Cobain!

Anyway, here's mine. First take, but I did a a do-over on the keyboard solo part. The first one wasn't pretty!

https://soundcloud.com/stratoholic/frankenbeanswma
              All I can say is YES!!!!! That's some of the best playing I've heard from you all around!!! Just KILLER.

And you got the after-solo part right, starting from the ascending licks... ya b@stard! I just winged, haha

The 6/8 part is just freakin' INSANE. <not worthy>

-- Vaclav Havel

-- Carl Sagan

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

All I can say is YES!!!!! That's some of the best playing I've heard from you all around!!! Just KILLER.

And you got the after-solo part right, starting from the ascending licks... ya b@stard! I just winged, haha

The 6/8 part is just freakin' INSANE. <not worthy>
                Lolz, thanks man!

My band does this song as an encore a lot so I know the ascending lick pretty well. Although I never did bother to figure out the dimished-y lick after that. I usually just turn my volume down and move my fingers while whistling inconspicuously. I think the closest I've gotten it was on that take.

Comment

Lolz, thanks man!

My band does this song as an encore a lot so I know the ascending lick pretty well. Although I never did bother to figure out the dimished-y lick after that. I usually just turn my volume down and move my fingers while whistling inconspicuously. I think the closest I've gotten it was on that take.
                  I figured you'd played through this tune a time or two

I have also, but not in a looooong time.

And my approach to that diminished lick is "it ends on a natural VI"
                  Last edited by Red Ant; 10-25-2015, 02:20 AM.

-- Vaclav Havel

-- Carl Sagan

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

I thought you might do "Spooky", but Frankenstein is also an outstanding choice for the Halloween edition of the jam!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
                    X