Super distortion mustang wiring?

doylegage197

• Members

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Mustang that I want to put a DiMarzio Super Distortion humbucker in the bridge position, and I want to remove the tone knob so that it will sound bright, but I can’t find a wiring scheme for what I’m trying to do, can someone help me? Thanks!

• Members

You probably haven't found it because you have to first butcher the guitar to get it in there, and then its a lousy match for the existing neck pickup. The super will be far louder then the single making the neck pickup pretty useless in comparison.

you also need to reroute the body and the pickguard to fit it in there. The existing angled single pickup probably wont allow a perfect HB square cut either. You may wind up having to buy a blank pick guard and cutting your own holes which is another huge pain in the ass.

Unless you own a router and know how to use it well, I suggest you forget the idea of fitting a full sized HB in there. You can easily find a single coil sized Humbucker and fit it in there instead of butchering the instrument and killing its resale value. I've heard many strat's using those blade type pickups added and you want high gain that's the quickest and easiest to get it.

Archived