No announcement yet.

Better late than never - my Vox V806 Treble Booster clone build

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better late than never - my Vox V806 Treble Booster clone build

I just realized I never started a thread about this pedal / build, and I put it together way back in March of 2015. I bought the kit from GGG. It was a super-easy build, and I was surprised by how much I like the sound of it.

Anyway, here's a few pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	124186
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	31959320

Name:	124187
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	31959321

Name:	124188
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	31959322

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Nice neat work. Good job.

Comment

Thank you - and welcome to Harmony Central.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

looks good, how does it sound?
        Last edited by nice keetee; 06-11-2017, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nice keetee View Post
          looks good, how does it sound?
          Brilliant. It's quite bright, and there's a fair degree of boost on tap. It's definitely different than a Rangemaster.

- George Carlin

Comment

Do you got a link to that DIY pedal company ?
            What's the difference from the Range Master ?
            Man, if you ever get time from you busy schedule, post a sound clip 😀.

Comment

Working...
            X