Help me find the ebayer who modded my Crybaby Wah, please.

Barry Wuthrich

• Members

This is a long shot, but, who knows? I had a guy on ebay mod my crybaby wah years ago. He charged me about $26, if I remember right. I usually save good sellers, but I didn't save this guy. The wah was greatly improved, especially when used with clean tones. I sold the pedal after purchasing a Wizard Wah and Keeley Mello Wah. Now I miss its unique sound, and I can't remember the name of the seller. I'm hoping this is a fairly small and tight community and someone knows my guy. Ebay only keeps purchase history for 3 years, and this was well before then.

Thanks,

• Members

There's only a couple of mods for those pedals. All are pretty easy to do too.

The main ones that come to mind are - True Bypass Mod - Volume Boost Mod - Wah-Volume Pedal Mod - Vocal Mod

Midrange Mod.

You can also put a heavy duty pot that doesn't wear out and a new coil in there too.

A couple of these only cost a couple of dollars. There's like 4 resistors and a cap.

The rest become more expensive.

My advice, just buy the 535 model. It has most of these mods in there already and by the time you get done jacking around paying someone to modify the budget model you'll wind up spending more on the unit and the mods then just buying the 535 that has most of the mods.

You can buy them new for around $125 or get a used one for under $50 like here http://www.musicgoroundlouisvilleky.com/p/564347/used-dunlop-535q-guitar-effect-pedal?gclid=CPv5_LLlvM4CFYKGaQodiSoHwQ The only thing you risk on used is getting one with a worn pot but you can get a new pot for $10, resolder the three wires and it will be like new again.

Archived