How can I repair damage to my bass guitar case?

Bobby O'Neal

• Members

This is my first post on this site. I'm hoping someone can give a little advice.

Earlier this year we hired movers to move us from Memphis to Washington state. When they arrived we discovered damages to some of my instruments. We're negotiating some of the repairs right now. But my acoustic bass guitar case wasn't secured very well on the trip and it rubbed against something else and wore some of the fabric off in a couple of places.

Is there a "do-it-yourself" repair I can make to my case that won't look like duct tape?

8c9cd56e81f470ae75be4942ed363af1.JPG.6ea34d984c627630592337a1232b264e.JPG

• Members

Theres a couple of possibilities depending on how good you want it too look.

The first might be to buy some tolex and just glue it over those spots. Simply sand it out so its smooth then cut a patch and glue it on there.

The other might be simpler and do just as good a job. Again sand it smooth then get some Pickup Truck Bed liner paint. You can buy it as a liquid in a can or in a spray can. Tape off the area with masking tape and paper then give it a few shots of the bed liner spray and its should work as well as the original tolex does. Total cost should only be about 7$ and it will even produce a gran similar to the tolex if you give it quick spritz after the first coat is partially dry.

If you do a good job with either of these it will likely be invisible to the casual viewer.

Z1KA-ufo5oy.JPG

Archived