I'm still alive.

Belva

• Members

I've been too busy for DIY projects lately, so I've been harassing the guys @ OJ and PP.

001.jpg

Got this amp a few years back. Speaker cloth covered with blue latex paint and the baffle was broken. Had my amp tech fix it, needed every op amp and a few resistors. I now have about what it's worth into it. This thing sounds great! So I'm making it a new footswitch.

S6000061.jpg

I used some scrap 16 guage. You can see my high tech redneck shear and fence.

S6000063.jpg

S6000064.jpg

I made sides outa scrap 2X4 ripped to 5/8" thick. Little work with the band saw, close enough for the girls I go out with.

I decided to go ahead and source some real Carling switches and a proper stereo cord. It's cheaper to buy the built up cord and whack one end off than it is to make my own. I'm even gonna use some flathead brass wood screws to make it purty. For finish I'm just gonna use a rust converter to make it black and paint the sides and bottom (1/8" hardboard, yet to be bought) with some black latex I have. I even got some LED's from Radio Shack rated @ 12V forward with 980 ohm resistors built in. I measured 30mV from the switch jack so they should work fine. Hooked one up to an existing foot switch and the light is about right. BTW that's actually where I got my voltage measurement

• Members

013.jpg

011.jpg

Now it's apart for paint. I elected to use primer and truck bed liner as I have 'em for the f100 project.

The screw above the wire is now welded in place for grounds. I know it's redundant, but it'll be easier to wire and make switch replacement easier down the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

~http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...switchLEDs.png

Ran into signal degradation so I tried this wiring diag. Now I'm getting nothing until I turn on the 'verb. Then the amp comes to life. Nothing outa the channel select. Both LED's are working so I have to double check everything and proceed from there.

I used DPDT ON/ON switches. Could that be the problem? Do I need ON/OFF?

• Members

ALL DPDT are "ON/ON" - that's what makes them "double throw" switches. A DPDT switch can always be wired as a SPST switch. If you built the footswitch according to the plans you submitted, it should work. Whoever designed this cleverly used the extra terminals on the switch to wire up the dropping resistors for the LEDs.

• Members

ALL DPDT are "ON/ON" - that's what makes them "double throw" switches. A DPDT switch can always be wired as a SPST switch. If you built the footswitch according to the plans you submitted' date=' it should work. Whoever designed this cleverly used the extra terminals on the switch to wire up the dropping resistors for the LEDs. [/quote']

thanks. I haven't had time to get out the DVOM lately, but in the next coupla days hopefully

Archived