Telecaster Project

• Members

Had an old Squire Telecaster that I use as my "everyday" practice/non gigging guitar. The mods I made are as follows:

1) Updated Logo

2) Routed body for middle pickup

3) Upgraded bridge from a MIM telecaster I had

4) Painted body

Before and after pics attached

fcf9c0a50ada6615752c8a266e1c9c98.thumb.jpg.8f090543a0bfbfa0ffb1aea4d4e1b0cf.jpg

bbeab5d8f14c0d984427397ef89bbf6f.thumb.jpg.8fdce56b0f2c765d4a616616b130f4ff.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Great work !!!!

What kind of Pickups,pots and caps are you using ?

I've been assembling guitars from parts I get on ebay, Stewart-MacDonald, Warmoth, Dragon Fire and Guitar Fetish. I bought Jackson, Fender, Kramers, Epiphone and Gibson, back in the day, but then I got a 1979 traditional Strat body and put a Squire neck, put some Texas Specials ( neck and middle) and a Dragon Fire Duo Rail ( 12.2k ohms) in the bridge and it's a mean Blues / Classic Rock mofo.

I bet this guitar is going to grow on you as time passes, even though you may have some name brand guitars in your arsenal.

Have fun with her !!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Because it's a Tele, you might want to consider getting a stew mac super switch and wiring it as follows:

Position 1 - Bridge

Position 2 - Bridge/Middle

Position 3 - Bridge/Neck - Just like a Tele

Position 4 - Middle/Neck

Position 5 - Neck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Because it's a Tele, you might want to consider getting a stew mac super switch and wiring it as follows:

Position 1 - Bridge

Position 2 - Bridge/Middle

Position 3 - Bridge/Neck - Just like a Tele

Position 4 - Middle/Neck

Position 5 - Neck

that's how I wire my strats - I also use the middle pot as a tone control for positions 1 & 5 and the bottom pot for positions 2, 3 & 4.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My first home build was a Tele. I found a beat up squire in a pawn shop and used the body to make templates. The neck I saved and used on the new swamp ash with flame maple top body. All new hardware and Dimarzio tele pickups. My son has it now and love it. A fun build and a great challange.

• 2 months later...

Archived