MXR Blue Box C11 switching mod

• Members

I hear you can increase the volume by simply clipping the c11 but I wired in a switch to toggle between the c11 being omitted from the circuit and the c11 in the circuit but when I toggle between each position it has no effect on sound. I used a spdt on on is that why there is no change in sound?

• Members

So long as you're using the center and outside leg of the switch it should toggle. You can use an ohm meter to see of it changes states. Its possible you damaged the switch soldering it too. Many of these plastic switches are instantly damaged if you don't heat sink the connection between the switch base and soldering loop. An ohm meter is your best bet for checking it.

Don't rule out the mod was bogus or super minimal to begin with. The extra wire and switch can add resistance/capacitance that makes the difference between the resistor connected/disconnected negligible. I'd start by pulling the wires off the switch, checking the switch continuity, then trying the pedal with the bare wires jumped together and un-jumped. If there's a change then its likely your switch has failed or you're using the wrong terminals.

Archived