Even an idiot like me can do it!

• Members

This is my largest project to date, I'm particularly proud of it cause it sounds great. It's a clone of a Blackface Vibrolux built on a trashed Deluxe chassis. I decided to use modern style parts like 1% metal film resistors and such and it sounds clean. I figured I'd leave the vintage style stuff out there for all those "Mojo" guys.

The only real snag I ran into was the faceplate, when I ordered it I thought the amp was really a Vibrolux because it had a 80's Vibrolux Custom faceplate on it. So if you look, you can see I had to cut a piece out to make it fit.

newamp5rs.jpg

• Members

Pretty work, man. Love the brown tolex/wheat grill combination. I bet it sounds great too.

I had the pleasure of trying out an old blackface Vibrolux a while back & IMO they are the cream of the Fender crop. Its in the top 3 on my "Next Build" list.

What speaker did you put in it?

• Members

I'll try to get some clips and inside pics up when I can, I'm using dial-up so it takes a long time to upload big files.

I wish I'd done a before/after type thing with the inside. It was so mutilated by some hack technician it was beyond recognition, which why I had a hard time figuring out what it really was.

The cabinet was custom made by a guy I found on eBay, I wish I could remember his name; he does great work at very reasonable prices.

My end of the work on it was mainly inside, it's basically a brand new amp now; all that's original is the backplate, chassis, output transformer and a few switches and jacks.

The speakers are 10" Eminence Copperheads.

Archived