A/B/Y switch schematic?

nerol1st

• Members

Will any of these work for switching between two amps? I've tried a few a/b/y boxes and they all left a horrible buzzing between the two amps, or the signal was greatly reduced to both amps when on Y.

• Members

Will any of these work for switching between two amps? I've tried a few a/b/y boxes and they all left a horrible buzzing between the two amps, or the signal was greatly reduced to both amps when on Y.

Sounds like you need something more like this:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=102

• Members

Is there any more to the second one? I can't figure out what those red things are attached to the leds. I would assume resistors but there are no values.

I like the idea of the leds and I think i wanna go that rout so any info you have would be great.

Yes those are resistors, use a 1.5k or 2.2k.

You got a buzzing between the two amps because you caused a ground loop when you "Y'd" them together. The signal loss is probably because the two amps are out of phase. Not sure how to fix that but you can get rid of the buzz by putting a ground lift adapter on one of the amps, get it at home depot for a couple of bucks.

I run a rig with three amps, Check it out here. I use a Morley A/B/Y switch.

Archived