need computer help linking to jpeg 'php' file links

Barry Wuthrich

• Members

I am sure this is probably elementary, but I got my first computer when I was in my 40's so I am pretty computer illiterate.

Bruce Bennett's thread on 'guitar wiring 101' in the electric guitar forum was educational for me. But all the wiring diagrams he posted as illustrations are links to files with jpeg extensions. When I right click on them and click properties, it says under file type, php file.

But when I click on the link, all I get is a box of colors. It's like my computer is on acid or something.

I am using IE7, and also tried Netscaped Navigater and got the same results.

I went to the local library and got the same result.

Can someone help me out here, please? I know this isn't a guitar mod question, but I figure if you can mod a guitar, you can probably tell me what I need to do.

Thanks in advance,

Barry

• Members

(The thread is here by the way)

I have the same problem (FF2) and if I right-click and save file (so that FF2 isn't decoding it) and use Irfanview then it doesn't work either, for JPGs or GIFs. My conclusion is that the files are messed up on the server or something.

• Members

I believe that is a problem with the forum software (it's not on your end). Reason being, I was reading another older thread and got the same thing, except someone had reposted the files. They gave an explanation about the files getting messed up when the forum software was updated.

• Members

Provide a link to the EXACT page of the thread you are talking about.

The link to the thread is posted above. Bruce Bennet posts most of the file links in question. The first one is on one of his posts on page 2, and they continue throughout the thread.

I will try and paste the link here.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735426&page=2

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735426&page=2

Sorry for the delay. I have been out of pocket for a few days.

Scroll down to a Bruce Bennett post that has a narrow box in it that says "attatched images".

I am pretty sure the problem is on my end, because most of those reading the thread are thanking Bruce for these image file links.

Barry

Archived