Step by Step DIY Road Cases?

Foorever

• Members

i am planning on making my own. still toying around with some ideas, but i believe i am gonna use PVC pipe to frame it. i think either 1/2" or 3/4" will work fine.

i only have a power conditioner and EQ that are rack mountable, but I want to incorporate my 2 powered mixers into it, along with a storage place for cables and such. i will paint it all black when finished and put some type of casters on it.

i am basically gonna leave it open on all sides for better cooling. probably just a top shelf and bottom shelf, but open on the front, back and sides. i will use the top shelf for sitting an amp on.

for the storage area i will probably use a plastic milk crate that's painted black. the type of crate that hold 4 gallons of milk.

i am thinking the milk crate on bottom, then the power conditioner, next the EQ and the two mixers towards the top. i am thinking i will leave enought space open to add another couple of rack mounted units, should i get something else. total height around 36-40"...

i might get started on it tomorrow. too hung over today to go buy the PVC. :cry::eek:

i will post a thread on it when i get started and take pics...

i'm not sure how much it will cost. the pipe is cheap, the fittings a little bit more, but i have decided to go this route so i can get the mixers in some type of rack. they are too wide to fit in a normal space rack so that's not an option. plus i want the portability to move all it at once.

i've seen pictures of a guitar stand that someone here made out of PVC and that's what gave me the idea...

• Members

Check out this guy's site:

Scroll down about 2/3 of the way. He's got a section on building boxes, racks, etc.

Kool site.. Thx.. Im planning on a DYI cabinet soon.. Its basically a 4X12 cabinet that someone mutilated many years ago and made it into a 2X12... Very {censored}y workmanship.. I plan to make it usable, then possible load some EV's or Celestions in it

• Members

Unless you're just doing it for the satisfaction of making your own, you'd probably come out cheaper to buy a new one, or even better if you can find a used one.

thats nice if you can find something used

but no one makes a live in case (or any case really) for a peavey valveking head.

so i built my own, cost me maybe 50 bucks and its a tough sob.

of course i got the carpet, side handles, and plastic corner guards for free...

so try to collect stuff like that wherever you can find it :p

• Members

thats nice if you can find something used

but no one makes a live in case (or any case really) for a peavey valveking head.

so i built my own, cost me maybe 50 bucks and its a tough sob.

of course i got the carpet, side handles, and plastic corner guards for free...

so try to collect stuff like that wherever you can find it
:p

I'm a bit of a pack rat so collecting stuff def helps me out with projects. Now, remembering where I put everything, thats a different story.

Archived