Pre-slotted graphtech nut for Yamaha Pacifica 112?

SmoothJK

• Members

Not sure about Yamaha necks, but you will need more info than just the length of the nut.

Find out what the string spacing(measure from E to E) and height of the nut that is currently on the neck. If the graph tech nut is taller, just file down the bottom. If it's too low, I reckon you could shim. And double check the thickness. The nuts in your post are 1/4". To me, not knowing much about the Yamahas, sounds strange. For example, on a strat the nut slot is only 1/8".

Hope this helps:thu:

• Members

Is there such a thing as a pre-slotted nut that fits? All I know is that it's 41mm wide, so I was wondering if either PT-6225-00 or PT-6226-00 would fit:

I'm guessing people have done this because the Pacifica is a pretty popular but cheap mod platform. Any help please?

Basing this on measurements taken from both my PAC112v and PAC812v the part # you need is PT-6225-00.

Using the PT-6225-00 will provide the advantage of a little extra height when setting slot height during fitting (Thinning the thickness down from 1/4" to 3/16" and reducing height isn't a big deal or big job).

The PT-6226-00 is shallower than the existing nut, so that item would be obsolete before you'd even begun.

String spacing on the PT-6225-00 is just about as spot on as you'll get without using a nut blank and doing things yourself, while other slightly oversize dimensions allow for correct fitting. Don't forget to allow a little for fine tuning slot depth after fitting - It's far easier to remove material than find you have to add some.

-------

Is there a particular reason for replacing the existing nut? I honestly find the factory fitted ones to be problem free.

Archived