Turning my conn 300 organ's bass pedals to a MIDI controller.

skuller

• Members

Hi!

I have a Conn Model 300, Type 011, Style 003 organ.

I want to remove the bass pedals from it, build a housing for it, and turn just the pedals into a MIDI controller.

Is this possible?

I really am a newb at this sort of thing, so if any of you potentially have information, but I have failed to provide details that would allow you to elucidate for me, please ask for it and I'll do my best to get it for you!

Thank you!

• Members

No its not possible. The pedals themselves are only switches and the wrong kind of switches to boot. My advice is buy a foot controller for the $100.

Save the pedals. Bass pedals sell for alot more than that.

If they're functional Solo guitar players pay top dollar for them so they can play bass with they're feet along with a drum machine and become a one man band.

• Members

No its not possible. The pedals themselves are only switches and the wrong kind of switches to boot. My advice is buy a foot controller for the $100.

Save the pedals. Bass pedals sell for alot more than that.

If they're functional Solo guitar players pay top dollar for them so they can play bass with they're feet along with a drum machine and become a one man band.

i've since found out that yes, it is possible. i've got some recommendations on what to put in it, but i still may be posting here for help once this is further in motion.

yes they're functional and yes i'm also a guitar player that will be playing bass with my feet along with my guitar, so you were right about that part!

ps, the foot controllers available are $600+.

• Members

hey somebody,

here are 2 pictures of the existing 6 point contact system on the pedal board. i need to know how i can tell if the contact system can be separated, so it can be reintegrated to mpc32xr that will connect me to 5-pin midi.

http://largonet.net/midiboutique/products/productform.php?prod_id=12600

dsc0149mvc.jpg

dsc0152d.jpg

here is a picture of the circuit boards on the top of the device. i have close ups if it'll help you help me.

dsc0147f.jpg

all i need to know is if i need to buy new contacts, or if the existing ones can be rewired.

Thank you!

Archived