Cool six way transverse toggle switch

musicdog400

• Members

I agree they are not the cheapest. But if you mess with this stuff long enough (I buy a lot of luthier supplies) and use several different vendors, eventually all of them will make some kind of mistake. How they treat you when things go wrong can be very telling.

I'm not going to slam anyone here, but I will say that after some experiences, Stew Mac stands out as valuing me when they make a mistake and have always treated me well. I can't say that about some others. So after my experiences, I don't mind paying a little more. I am hoping it will mean less chance of getting into it with someone with no real customer empathy.

Believe it or not, the free market can actually work in some limited cases, especially with smaller businesses.

• Members

I agree they are not the cheapest. But if you mess with this stuff long enough (I buy a lot of luthier supplies) and use several different vendors, eventually all of them will make some kind of mistake. How they treat you when things go wrong can be very telling.

I'm not going to slam anyone here, but I will say that after some experiences, Stew Mac stands out as valuing me when they make a mistake and have always treated me well. I can't say that about some others. So after my experiences, I don't mind paying a little more. I am hoping it will mean less chance of getting into it with someone with no real customer empathy.

Believe it or not, the free market can actually work in some limited cases, especially with smaller businesses.

I've bought mostly unique tools from them. Still comes down to cost on other items.

• Members

I'm thinking that's a cool thing that I could use on future builds too--Wonder what the action's like? Some of them toggles can be pretty stiff--The other guitar player in my band has a Dano sparkle-top where you've practically gotta use both hands to flip that switch...........

Archived