Will SCSI card from EPS 16 work in an ASR10?

distorted_violn

• Members

Hello all:

I have been offered a SCSI interface card from an EPS 16 for $50.00. The logic goes that the EPS 16 was the predecessor to the Ensoniq ASR 10 so the SCSI interface should work in my ASR 10 (allowing me to connect to an external hard drive or zip drive, etc). Can anyone confirm this is so?

Thanks

• Members

Hello all:

I have been offered a SCSI interface card from an EPS 16 for $50.00. The logic goes that the EPS 16 was the predecessor to the Ensoniq ASR 10 so the SCSI interface should work in my ASR 10 (allowing me to connect to an external hard drive or zip drive, etc). Can anyone confirm this is so?

Thanks

Got me man. I can do keyboard repairs, at least the older stuff before thay started making multi layerd boards. I'd really need schematics to even give you an answer close to being right cause I'm not up on all the keyboard mods possible.

You may want to try some synth forums like this http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/ and see if you can hook up with some other keyboard players who might have those answers.

The article I saw for the ASR10 says this.

The ASR-10 also has a "Tape Recorder" mode in which you can record two tracks of audio for use along with the sequencer for an advanced all-in-one music making machine! Recording can be to its RAM or to external SCSI hard drives via the SP-3 SCSI interface (optional on keyboard version) for extended sampling/recording time and memory. It can support up to seven simultaneous hard disks and/or CD-ROM drives. You can even process external audio through the ASR, live or along with sequences.

It looks like you might need the sequencer to connect SCSI drives unless the keyboard has the optional connectors to connect the SCSI directly.

I suggest downloading the manuals for both keyboards to get more details. If they bothe use the SP-3 SCSI interface then you should be in good shape.

Archived