MOD Persuader Tube Pedal

Casey4s

• Members

:thu: Well written there. The only thing that would annoy me is having the tube stick up like that. I'd likely step on it with my two tiered pedal board. Maybe if the tube stuck out the side or smaller pots were used inside and having the battery removed you could get the tube inside. They dont run hot.

The top mount might be cool though if the guitarsit wants to change tubes to get a littel different tones. There isnt much difference in tone in starved circuits but it could be an option for those with magic ears.

• Members

Thanx...

You are right, almost veryone seees the potential catastrophe...LOL Not my design, I would have mounted the tube lower in the box so only about 1/3 was sticking up. But I was instructed to assemble it as designed.

I am starting a MOD 102 amplifier kit next week they sent me last week. It looks like a 5F2 + Brit EL84 output and actually should be a cool sounding 5W amplifier.

http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/amp_parts/K-MOD102

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanx...

You are right, almost veryone seees the potential catastrophe...LOL Not my design, I would have mounted the tube lower in the box so only about 1/3 was sticking up. But I was instructed to assemble it as designed.

I am starting a MOD 102 amplifier kit next week they sent me last week. It looks like a 5F2 + Brit EL84 output and actually should be a cool sounding 5W amplifier.

That looks like a fun one. I used to write technical repair and service manuals for a major manufacturer techs would use to repair them. They'd ship us a working prototype and whatever notes they had and I'd have to go though the thing and test every voltage, come up with proper adjustment proceedures and all that kind of stuff. I I spotted issues i'd have to request improvements and all that good stuff. You had to make everything idiot proof so a kindergardener would be able to follow proceedures and get things set up properly. It was alot of fun but tedious as hell. You had to constantly proofread everything to be sure it was correct then you'd give the manual to a noob and have them follow it. you'd take notes and edit parts so they could be followed more easily.

Archived