X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha FL-100 Flanger Repair

I have a Yamaha FL-100 flanger which work great providing it's on battery power. Hook it up to the power jack and I just get a humming noise. I've tried replacing the jack to no avail. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Youre sure you are using a DC output adapter and not an AC one?
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.dirk-hendrik.com" target="_blank">www.dirk-hendrik.com</a></div>

Comment

Hi, excuse my question, but now in 2013, 5 years after, i have the same pedal than you (yamaha Flanger fl-100) and i have the same noise problem, can you repair it? what you did? thanks my friend.

Comment

• WRGKMC
        WRGKMC commented
        Editing a comment

I have a Yamaha FL-100 flanger which work great providing it's on battery power. Hook it up to the power jack and I just get a humming noise. I've tried replacing the jack to no avail. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Any ideas? Thanks.

You HAVE to use a zero hum adaptor. If you are using a generic adaptor its the cause of the hum because its not filtering all the AC out. Boss pedals do the same thing with hum if you dont use a zero hum adaptor. Either a Boss and Dan Electro adaptors will fix the problem. They can be bought for about $10. I've also had issues with some pedals connected to a daisy chain power supply. If a pedal draws too much current it will hum with those adaptors so using a separate adaptor is the fix.

Working...
    X