Tap Tempo Build Questions

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tap Tempo Build Questions

Hello All,

I am currently building a foot switch for my friends amp (cube 40xl) and I only have normally open switches. It requires a normally closed for the "tap/looper" function. Is there any way of reversing the "polarity" of the switch and if so can someone please help with a diagram? I have a spare toggle switch laying around. The Switch for the tap is an SPST and is only 2 pole. Please help..Thanks!

MF

Guitars: 02 Gibson SG Special (moon inlays), 01 Gibson Les Paul Speciall W/P90's
    Amp: Peavey Prowler 112 W/112 ext cab
    Effects: To many

Good dealings
    scr@tchy
    JrB

You can't change a normally open switch to a normally closed without something complicated like a relay. And that would need a power source to work the relay coil. Forget about this and just order the correct switch. 

The Switch for the tap is an SPST and is only 2 pole. 

This statement is contradictory. SPST stands for Single Pole, Single Throw. It is by definition a single pole switch. Switch specs will also state if a switch is "latching" or "momentary", and single-throw switches will also be either "normally open" (NO), or "normally closed" (NC). You need a momentary, normally closed SPST footswitch. 

This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

• flanagan0718
      flanagan0718 commented
      Editing a comment

Ok i wasn't sure if it was possible. I've seen a bunch of tap tempos with a polarity switch and thought that might be what it is for. 

Working...
X