Collapse
No announcement yet.

TVvoodoo's Area 52

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS You did a really great job on the Death Strat. I'm very impressed!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• Originally posted by tvvoodoo View Post
      Thank you AJ!

I am getting the distinct feeling there is no longer much interest in guitar mods at HC anymore, or at least in what I'm doing.
      At least I have an audience of one I am playing to. Maybe not true.... got lots of views here, but nobody seems to want to bother
      to like anything, or comment much anymore. Maybe they had nothing positive to add and held up.
      Then you have a rating system... I've been here for over a decade, and I'm a "rookie".

Sad to see this site seems to be begging for a fork - stick 'er in, she's done.

I'm a Rookie too. Doesn't bother me. The site traffic is down but it's improving. That really is an amazing mod you did on that guitar. Serious carving skills going on there my man!
      https://soundcloud.com/alamojoe

Comment

• Unbelievable. for a time there posting on HC seemed like shouting in the wilderness.
        Thank you fellas for shouting back. I do appreciate it, and makes me feel like I'm not
        doing this as some kind of private blog or something.

In my last two careers as a television broadcaster and then a newspaper publisher, it must be said that I demand
        an audience!!!

Thank you fellas. Feel free to continue following along. I have a couple of cool things coming up.

Comment

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

• I know this dude, on another forum? His day job is a fabrication shop with a most excellent set of tools.
            He made me these, and they are Totally Gnarlacious

Comment

• Very cool!

- George Carlin

Comment

• Some older fellas on another forum I frequent were discussing strap security. Seems a popular topic on guitar forums. There was a lengthy discussion about a leather "strap keeper" gadget used to be available, that I have never seen in the wild. Guys were lamenting how they are hard to come by these days, and are crazy expensive if you can find anyone selling them.

Anyway from pictures, I decided to give it a go last night - with materials I had on hand in my strap shop. By my mind, these things can be made in about three minutes flat, total hardware/materials cost probably $1.75 (and that is not even buying hardware/leather in bulk).

Are these things really as good as the old timers are saying? I'll have to give them a good test period. I put over well over 30 pounds on one, screwed it into a 2x4, hung a strap from it. Seems to be pretty good. Then, later in the afternoon I installed one on a strat... heftiest one I got... remove old strap button. Install. 35 seconds flat.

Not bad, not bad at all. Extra pivot point makes for a looser hang. Also, a very nice solution for all those stupid store bought straps that are 2" too short on MAX adjustment. I hate that.

Might have to get into this game and make a bunch
                Attached Files
                Last edited by tvvoodoo; 08-22-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• My wife brought home a shopping bag with a familiar pattern on it, so I made a tribute strap this weekend.
                  We all have our heroes.

Comment

• the first ricky strap didn't last long, so I decided to make a few more.

Comment

• New in the tvvoodoo Well-Hung Straplab, dragon straps made out of metallic embroidered silk from
                      far off places. Also developing something very cool. Padded straps featuring amplifier materials for ultimate tonez
                      And, a new set of paisley straps.

Comment

• Totes kewl, dood.
                        "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                        -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                        -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                        -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                        -- Theodore White

Comment

• been working on more of these, finding improvements in the design and build.

Comment

• These are pretty fun. Amp material theme straps

Comment

Working...
                            X