Guitar Fetish frustration

• Members

Has anyone had much experience ordering from this site? I read a lot of positive reviews, so i ordered an SG kit and some upgraded humbuckers.

They sent me a tele pickup instead of the bridge pickup i ordered, so i sent an email saying so. After about a week without a reply, I sent a follow up email. Again, about a week passed without a response. Last Friday I sent one last inquiry, and still have not heard back.

I'm getting very frustrated - the sg's built and ready to go, I just need the bridge pickup! Any advice?

• Members

I've never had issues with them either. Responses were always quick and helpful.

Are you sure you are sending to the right address? Check and make sure you aren't sending the replies to junk. My guess is your spam filter is junking the emails.

• Members

I'm not familiar with that site, so I can't comment

but as I'm reading it, you've gotten no response at all from those communications?

I'd be far more concerned if you were getting late, sporadic, or otherwise unsatisfactory communications.

It's possible the messages are in a bit-bucket somewhere (ie that they didn't get received at all) -- not saying this IS the case, but it's something to consider

[edit : whoops - crosspost, the above pretty much covers the thught]

• Members

Thanks everyone for your input.

I've heard really good things about the company and I'm really impressed with the parts I have for the price.

I've sent two emails to support@guitarfetish.com and one to websupport@guitarfetish.com, all with a clear subject stating the order number.

I've also checked my spam filter and my spam folder in my email, and there's nothing. Since I've sent three emails, I'm not sure how much good another will do me. Is Jay a member here? Maybe i should just pm him

• Members

Thanks everyone for your input.

I've heard really good things about the company and I'm really impressed with the parts I have for the price.

I've sent two emails to
support@guitarfetish.com
and one to
websupport@guitarfetish.com
, all with a clear subject stating the order number.

I've also checked my spam filter and my spam folder in my email, and there's nothing. Since I've sent three emails, I'm not sure how much good another will do me. Is Jay a member here? Maybe i should just pm him

What email client are you using? Check the settings there. Some clients auto delete the junk stuff every day or two, or weekly. So if they replied to you a week ago, it's already gone. I mean it does have the word fetish in it so chances are it is getting junked. :D Add them to your safe sender list.

• Members

Try this address.

dave@guitarfetish.com

And this is from their website.

Via Email When contacting us PLEASE make sure the title of your email covers your question. Emails with no title, or messages titled "Hi", "Advice", "Help", "What's Up" or any other ambiguous title will be automatically deleted by our aggressive Spam filter. Always allow at least 24 hours for us to respond, though usually we are much quicker. Please remember we're PEOPLE, so we don't work 24 hours or 7 days a week, but we'll do our best to assist you.

• Members

What was the title of your e-mail??

Via Email
When contacting us PLEASE make sure the title of your email covers your question. Emails with no title, or messages titled "Hi", "Advice", "Help", "What's Up" or any other ambiguous title will be automatically deleted by our aggressive Spam filter. Always allow at least 24 hours for us to respond, though usually we are much quicker. Please remember we're PEOPLE, so we don't work 24 hours or 7 days a week, but we'll do our best to assist you.

• Members

Get an order # in the title. I can't recall how GFS does that, but then they know what to deal with even before they open the email. I know there are some concerns at their end with proper order packaging. Last time I recieved everything I ordered, but I also recieved an alnico Tele bridge pup. I didn't get charged for it but I did let them know via email. They promptly offered a return shipping authorization. I just wanted them to know that they're potentially throwing money away. BTW I kept the pup. And no I don't feel guilty.

Anybody want an unused GFS tele bridge pup?

• Members

Gmail. There's a folder that keeps the spam for a while, I have old spam messages from April 30th even. I've looked through the whole thing too, nothing.

one thing to consider is that, for whatever reason, it's possible the email may not have made it TO the company (I've actually had this happen, not with this company)

perhaps someone else (different email, different machine, different ISP, etc) can send a message alterting the company to the missed communication

• Members

Got a reply from Dave yesterday. Thanks for the advice.

I'm not sure what happened with the first emails, but they were titled "wrong pickup sent, order xxxxx" or something of that nature.

Anyway, it's all sorted out. I cant wait to hear these pickups

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I've been having a pretty bad experience with them. I had this idea in my head that I'd learn to put a guitar together so I ordered a soldering kit, some solder, pickups, pickguard, and one of their kits. the first time they forgot to send half my order and the body I received as part of the kit was obviously damaged and had tried to be re-glued and filled at one-point. email was responded to in a couple of days which was adequate and they did send me a replacement body along with the rest of my stuff but the replacement body had no holes even though it says on their website it is pre-drilled. now the woman is giving me the run-around saying she won't pay return shipping for the new "hole-less" body. this idea of building a guitar a month ago is now beginning to lose it's appeal pretty quickly.. and I don't ever plan on ordering from GFS again, regardless of how cheap their stuff is.

• Members

I've since ordered stuff from GFS and had everything correct. 3 times total. I also found a use for the free Tele bridge pup. It let me spend money elsewhere on my Franklin ($100) Tele. Almost done with that one.

• Members

I decided to just go ahead and open a claim.. unfortunately jay is still pretending like he sent me the right parts and is taking no blame. interesting to see what paypal will say when they look at GF's website and see that what I received vs what was promised is blatantly different.

just absolutely horrendous experience here.

• Members

I decided to just go ahead and open a claim.. unfortunately jay is still pretending like he sent me the right parts and is taking no blame. interesting to see what paypal will say when they look at GF's website and see that what I received vs what was promised is blatantly different.

just absolutely horrendous experience here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I ordered a Wilkinson Brass Roller Bridge for my LP.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Wilkinson-Brass-Roller-Bridge-Locking-Studs-Chrome_p_866.html

It was not brass, I had to drill it to make it work, and I doubt it was Wilkinson...no branding whatsoever. GFS did not rectify the matter to my satisfaction.

They will not get another nickel from me.

Archived