No announcement yet.

Component and Wiring Question for Yamaha S2115H Monitor

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Component and Wiring Question for Yamaha S2115H Monitor

I was recently given a Yamaha S2115H Floor Monitor.  I have found that one of the components on the PC Board is broken.  I believe that it is a power resistor that is part of the crossover but confess that electonics are not my strongest subject.  The power lead on one end of the resistor is broken even with the block so I cannot resolder.  I have looked for a wiring schematic but they do not appear to be available.  I have attached a picture, for reference it is the smaller of the two white blocks in the lower left.  Looking for someone to help identify the component with respect to the resistence and voltage so I can get a replacement.  It is marked as

10W  20?K

MICRON  86

Thanks for any help

David

PCB S2115H.jpg

David

Attached Files

Picture is too small for me to see any details, but 10W 20?K should be a 20 ohm, 10 watt power resistor. I'm not sure what the K means in this context, but a 20K ohm resistor makes no sense in a crossover, while 20 ohms does.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Comment

• 335man
      335man commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the 20 ohm k was tripping me up as well. Is there anything special about these as I have seen 20 ohm resistors that are a lot smaller. Also is there a way to get a bigger picture up on the board? Thanks again.

help identify the component with respect to the resistence and voltage so I can get a replacement.  It is marked as

Comment

Working...
    X