Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True bypass looper pedal with tuner out/mute -- wiring diagram

I put together a wiring diagram for a true bypass looper pedal with a tuner out/mute and thought I'd post it.
    You can set it up for as many loops as you can fit in a box. Just repeat the parts and wiring between
    loop switch 1 and loop switch 3.

I know it's a simple thing but it might be useful to someone. I haven't actually
    built this - someone asked me about building one and so I put together a diagram
    for it. If you see any errors please let me know.

Enjoy!
    Suppose there's no such thing as a hypothetical situation...

Guitars: USACG, PRS, Tacoma, MusicMan, Chandler
    Amps: Mesa, Egnater, MarkBass
    Effects: Boss, MXR, Tech21, T.A.E.

Looks awesome!!
    Guitars - Too many

Effects - Dirt

Amps - Hiwatt DR504 - Hiwatt Cab

Rack Unpacked
    www.Stocklinphotography.com

Comment

I don't know if there are any errors,but it's well drawn and easy to follow.I built the same useing this diagram www.singlecoil.com/tb-strip/tbstrip.html

Comment

I plan on giving this a try in the next week or so... I'll let you know how it turns out! Thanks so much for the schematic!

Comment

Looks good!

Are you sure you meant to use 10K resistors on the LED's and not 1K? According to my math, that comes out to around 1/2mA per LED. Will they even be visible with that little current?
          Owner/Engineer, Wattson Classic Electronics

Comment

I plan on giving this a try in the next week or so... I'll let you know how it turns out! Thanks so much for the schematic!

Please do! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks a bunch for the drawing, Deaj! What do you use to do your drawings?

I have a funky enclosure I'd like to put one of these into. Hmmm... another thing on my to do list.

Comment

I made one very similar to this a while ago using the base TB Loop pedal from General Guitar Gadgets, drilling an extra hole, and getting another 3PDT switch. Works really well!
              Sleep is for the weak.

Good transactions: skyhighrocks, Nitefly182, pbone, Norton666, ode2no1, crowquill, Echoes22, sh333, boltino, CyrilW, voxmarshall, spawnofthesith, conky, SweetOblivion, hivedestruction

Comment

Please do! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks a bunch for the drawing, Deaj! What do you use to do your drawings?

I have a funky enclosure I'd like to put one of these into. Hmmm... another thing on my to do list.

You're welcome! I use CorelDraw X3 for wiring diagrams and illustrations.

Another forum member requested a wiring diagram with a master bypass switch. I modified the above illustration for the following:. The first diagram shows a master bypass that includes the tuner out/mute and the second shows the master bypass after the tuner out/mute.

Comment

Looks good!

Are you sure you meant to use 10K resistors on the LED's and not 1K? According to my math, that comes out to around 1/2mA per LED. Will they even be visible with that little current?

I have a large stock of super bright blue LED's on hand and a 10k resistor keeps them from blinding me when looking straight down at my pedalboard. For a standard LED a 1k resistor is definitely more appropriate. I just used a template illustration I had on-hand for the resistor. Thanks

Comment

I wish that some manufacturers (such as Behringer) would put the LEDs on the sides of pedals, or put something less blinding in them. I've been putting pieces of post-it note paper over mine until I decide whether I'm going to rehouse some or hack them to dim the LEDs.

Comment

Do you have a wiring diagram with out the tuner out / mute?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi there,
                        sorry for digging up this old thread, but I could use a bit of help...

Thanks a lot for the schematic, I followed the first one, but with only 2 loops.
                        I have this problem: when both loops are on, I get a popping sound when switching off the 1st loop.

Does someone have a clue?

I'm quite a noob, but a quick learner
                        Thanks

Comment

Just to be more precise: what I call the 1st loop is the one closest to the tuner/mute 3PDT

So I get a pop in the amp when:
                          - both loops are on and I switch off the 1st one
                          - only loop 1 is on and I switch loop 2 on.

I am obviously new to this forum , and have already searched for (and found) popping issues when pressing a 3PDT.
                          But I have found nothing concerning more than one switch, or anything resembling my problem.

Any ideas, anyone?...
                          Thanks a bunch

Comment

Anybody?
                            Pretty please?...

Comment

The loops need pulldown resistors.

http://www.muzique.com/news/pulldown-resistors/

Best regards, Jack
                              AMZ Free Effects Projects
                              Guitar Effects Blog
                              Twiitter