Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever considered taking a passive approach to monitor control?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever considered taking a passive approach to monitor control?

Sometimes you don't need a ton of features in a monitor controller... as Mackie has proven with one of their latest Big Knob studio monitor controllers - the new Big Knob Passive.

For all the details, please check out my review:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert...tor-controller

As always, feel free to make any comments or ask any questions you may have.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

We actually put the Big Knob in our new studio; my partner loves it...I have not had a chance to try it out yet, but I sent him your review...
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
      We actually put the Big Knob in our new studio; my partner loves it...I have not had a chance to try it out yet, but I sent him your review...
      Do you know which Big Knob was installed? There are now four of them - the original Mackie Big Knob that was released in 2005, and now the Big Knob Passive, Big Knob Studio, and Big Knob Studio+.

In addition to the Big Knob Passive review that is already up, I also just finished doing a review of the Big Knob Studio+, but I'm not quite sure when it's going to be published yet. Stay tuned!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• daddymack
        daddymack commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it is the Passive...I have not been out there [Altadena] to see it yet; he just put it in last week.

• Davo-tpL_q
        Davo-tpL_q commented
        Editing a comment
        What are the physical dimensions of these knobs, daddymack? Are they big?

I like the Big Knob but in the past couple of years have been using a Palmer Monicon. It's great, but the only glaring absent feature I'd have liked is a headphone output.

Comment

Working...
      X