Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever wondered just what's on the four indivual Sgt. Pepper tracks?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever wondered just what's on the four indivual Sgt. Pepper tracks?

Probably old news for many of you, but the various multitracks have been floating around on the Internet since at least the Garage Band days. Still, it's a great study in economy, track sharing and arrangement to listen to how they utilized those four tracks.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

That album was a Monolithic monument in music. Boundaries were shattered, the bar was raised in the creativity sector and a genre was expanded for generations of inspirations.
    SGT. Pepper was a compositional triumph, sonic landscapes were defiant against boundaries that Rock music was stuck in.
    We caught glimpses in songs like I'm Only Sleeping, Norwegian Wood, Eleanor Rigby, Yellow Submarine, Penny Lane. Strawberry Fields Forever and Tomorrow Never Knows, of what was in store for us back in 1967.
    I love listening to to SGT. Pepper with headphones, it seems like there is always something new hidden in the individual
    tracks. The Benefit of Mister Kite has so many sonic surprised.
    It's kind of like they wanted the listener to go through an sonic rollercoaster.
    To me, I've heard people do less with 32 tracks than what George Martin and the Beatles accomplished on SGT. Pepper.

I wonder who was engineering this session , Geoff Emmerich ?
    How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

Comment

Yes, Geoff Emerick was the engineer. I got a chance to finally meet him at the AES convention in Los Angeles - it was coincidentally on my birthday last year - a very quiet and unassuming man - he seemed quite nice.

What kills me is that he was only 22 or so by the time he had recorded both Revolver and Sgt. Pepper.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Phil!
        I'm going into the studio with my old bandmates again, so I sent them this for some added inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender&EHX4ever View Post
          Thanks for sharing, Phil!
          I'm going into the studio with my old bandmates again, so I sent them this for some added inspiration.
          Would love to hear how things turn out - please keep us posted!

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
          X