Giles Martin discusses the 50th Anniversary Sgt Pepper remixes

• Members

I will read that, Phil. Thanks.

I've been a Beatles die-hard since hearing Hold Your Hand on the car radio - I musta been five years old.

They clicked immediately with me.

I begged my parents to take me to their last show - Candlestick - but they wouldn't.:cry:

I didn't know you had your own thread. LOL I guess I'm spending too much time in the cellar...now with Daryl:angry39::lol:.

I will read that, Phil. Thanks.

I've been a Beatles die-hard since hearing Hold Your Hand on the car radio - I musta been five years old.

They clicked immediately with me.

I begged my parents to take me to their last show - Candlestick - but they wouldn't.:cry:

I didn't know you had your own thread. LOL I guess I'm spending too much time in the cellar...now with Daryl:angry39::lol:.

Good to see you - you should stop in once in a while - I'm such a die-hard Beatles fan that this is pretty much the unofficial Beatles forum on HC. :lol: It's pretty much the only off-topic subject we talk about in this forum... and even then, a good percentage of the Beatles talk ends up being studio-related, so it's technically not off-topic. :idea::D

• Members

Just think of the transition - from gritty rock and roll band bunking in a cold closet in Hamburg, to studio euphoria, so quickly, so young. What an amazing experience it must have been for them. Leading a generation into social revolution. And to do it with the mind of George Martin.

I've been reading about this project for days now, listening to Giles on NPR, and now this article...I think I'm just going to have to pull the trigger on it...Dang it! The Machine wins again!

Do you have a streaming service like Spotify? If so, you can check it out there first before committing to buying it. :)

• Members

Do you have a streaming service like Spotify? If so, you can check it out there first before committing to buying it. :)

No I actually don't. I'm still using a flip phone Phil...The upside is I don't irritate as many people in traffic as you smart phone people do. :lol:

No I actually don't. I'm still using a flip phone Phil...The upside is I don't irritate as many people in traffic as you smart phone people do. :lol:

You still might want to consider getting Spotify - you can use it on your laptop or desktop computer too - you don't have to use it on your phone. :)

And for the record, I don't use my phone for anything other than navigation and streaming Spotify in the car. No calls, no texting - if someone needs to get a hold of me, they can leave a message and I can call them back. NOTHING is so urgent that it requires you to text while driving!

• Members

You still might want to consider getting Spotify - you can use it on your laptop or desktop computer too - you don't have to use it on your phone. :)

And for the record, I don't use my phone for anything other than navigation and streaming Spotify in the car. No calls, no texting - if someone needs to get a hold of me, they can leave a message and I can call them back. NOTHING is so urgent that it requires you to text while driving!

Oh hey wasn't including you in my blanket indictment of idiots that text and whatevers whilst operating motor vehicles. I know you're a first rate guy, whatever you're doing.

I've consciously tried to avoid using any streaming services period. Frugality has a lot to do with it frankly. The wife and the Lad both have laptops and smartphones and both listen to music on both. I have a desktop...Period. I use it for everything. My desktop lives in this room at the top of the stairs with my guitars, all my music gear and all of my music. When I'm at work and in my truck I listen to NPR and Pacifica. I discovered long ago if I listen to music while driving I frequently miss exits. I'd be a danger to everyone if I had a smartphone streaming music into my ears while barreling down I-10.

Archived