Pro Tools 12.2.1 has been announced...

• Members

Wow, not only do I know how to kill a thread, apparently I know how to kill an entire forum...no one's posted in 3 days since I posted that.

However, to throw more fuel on the fire...I was talking to a friend of mine who works at GC and he says the blowback to PT 12 is pretty substantial. So it's good for Avid's sake that they're keeping up the updates.

• Members

I bought PT10 when it came out. A few years back I was at a point where my DAW of choice, Tracktion 3, was not being supported by Mackie (who owned it at that time). And it was showing its age. So I was shopping around for a new DAW. And I jumped onto the PT bandwagon. Big mistake. While it runs fine, some of the features that Tracktion and other DAW's have as standard features PT's Native doesn't. I would have to go to PT HD to get those features. That's not going to happen. So with my PT license I can get 12, but I see no point, especially with their new update/subscription plan. I did install PT11 but I never use ProTools. I started using Reaper and continued to use Tracktion 3, then Tracktion 4 came out and I was in heaven !! But some of my favorite Slate plugins stopped working with Tracktion 4. I contacted Tracktion and Slate Digital and they both say its the other vendors issue. Pass the buck. I even purchased Tracktion 5 and 6 hoping the issue would be fixed. Well no deal. While Reaper is very stable, I find its GUI kind of overly menu driven. So I downloaded the trial version of Studio One 3 and played with it. I like it and I think its a good fit for me, so I bought it. But back to the PT question. Nope I didn't update to 12, and Im about to remove PT's from my rig. Trade it to a buddy for some gear !!!!!

Archived