Please suggest a rack mixer (max 4U)/audio interface

• Members

Hi,

My old Mackie mixer i on its last breath and I need a new mixer.

I would prefer a 16 channel (16 mono or 8 stereo or any combination thereof) rack mount mixer (max 4U) with an integrated audio interface, that can also work as a stand-alone mixer when the commuter i turned off. Stable low-latence drivers is a must.

The only unit I have been able to find thus far is the Roland Studio Capture.

I have found numerous other mixers that have audio i/f capability but I have not been able to find out if they work without a computer.

Suggestions please!

Cheers,

​Mats N

I was going to suggest the Mackie DL32R - it's the size you want and it can serve as an audio interface - it even has a USB HDD recorder built-in, but the user interface is done exclusively through wifi and an iPad, so it may not work for what you want, but you should check out the review anyway - it's a pretty cool unit.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/mackie-dl32r

• Members
the user interface is done exclusively through wifi and an iPad, so it may not work for what you want, but you should check out the review anyway - it's a pretty cool unit.

Thanks Phil!

The thing that attracts me to the Roland Studio Capture is the fact that it seems to be easy to operate the basic features when in stand-alone mode without any additional tech like a computer or iPad. I'm also weary about iPad operation as I'll never know when Mackie decides not to update the software to work with the next iOS update. They have had such issues before with Mac OS drivers for their mixers.

Second strike against Mackie is that they do not have a distributor in Sweden.

Archived