I'm done with KRK, any recommendations?

• Members

I've had nothing but problems with my KRK brand monitors and accompanying 10s Subwoofer. I've had 1 monitor go out on my, and now my sub is failing too. Can anyone recommend a good subwoofer for under $400 for amateur home recording?

I'll second Craig's recommendation. While I don't own any of their monitors I have tried a few, and I do own some of their headphones, and have never had any problems with them, nor have I heard of problems from other users... but problems can occasionally arise with anything - even from the best brands. IMO the first step you should take is to give them a call and give them a chance to get things right for you.

I have an old pair of KRK monitors that are non powered. I just drive em with an amp. I'm not sure that you can even buy them anymore.

I love em, and like em so much, I think I'm gonna give there headphones a whirl.

If you do, go with the KNS 8400's. IMHO, they're worth the extra money because they sound better and are more comfortable than the KNS 6400's. I own a pair of each, and I use my '8400's all the time. They're great cans for the money IMHO.

• Members

If you do, go with the KNS 8400's. IMHO, they're worth the extra money because they sound better and are more comfortable than the KNS 6400's. I own a pair of each, and I use my '8400's all the time. They're great cans for the money IMHO.

Cool

Thx

People tend to let the world know about it when something goes wrong, but forget to make as much noise about it when someone fixes the problem or does something right. :idk:

If they didn't take care of him, I hope he'll let us know, but I also hope he'll come back and let us know if they took care of his problem...

• Members

Sorry for the lapse in responding to this thread.

I emailed KRK customer support about two months ago when my VXT4 had problems. Since it was out of warranty, all they could do was recommend me to the nearest KRK/Gibson support shop. The shop near me (Seattle), was going to charge me $100 just to look at it, without any guarantee they could fix it. So, if it was indeed repairable, there was bound to be parts and more labor on top of that...For $300 I could get a new replacement.

So, fast forward to my KRK 10s subwoofer, and it all of sudden just up and went dead. It's also out of warranty, so I can only assume KRK will once again recommend me to the same repair shop, etc etc....

So yeah, I'm not quite sure what to do : /

Thanks for the feedback thus far though. I appreciate it.

Archived