Flare audio iem's.

• Members

Hey guys. I've never started a thread like this. So apologies if it's off base or not allowed. But there's a kickstarter campaign you might want to check out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-in-pure-sound

Not sure how I first found out about it. But did. Been keeping up and reading reviews. By all accounts these may be some of the best iem's available for engineering. Here's a recent review that really caught my attention.

http://headfonics.com/2015/05/the-r2a-and-r2pro-iems-by-flare-audio/

I started out pledging for the basic aluminum ones. Decided to upgrade to stainless, thinking they might be more durable, and I can be rough on gear sometimes. And then went for the pros. And after reading that review have upgraded to the pro/aluminum combo pack.

They have said, even if they don't reach their kickstarter goal, they will still make them, and backers will still get the kickstarter pricing. But you have to pledge before the deadline. I've been emailing them, asking questions, and am suppose to be getting a pair of the pros to demo. However they are coming via USPS and their tracking isn't the best. So not sure when they'll get here. They've been in Chicago since Tuesday. When they do show up, I'll be sure and post my thoughts. But they may not get here before the deadline. So wanted to go ahead and give you guys a heads up.

I've done some reading on the company and they started making live pa boxes. By most accounts they are pretty phenomenal. They also make some smaller monitors. Haven't found a lot about them. However Olympic studio uses them. Jimmy page is a big fan. Used them when they remastered some zep stuff. Also used them to play back the work to the press. Said this was the best they would ever hear the album sound.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way. Won't profit from posting this. Just want to share what could be a great deal to other engineers before it's gone.

If anyone has any experience with their other gear let me know. I'm kind of interested in their p1 monitors. But will definitely have to get over buying these before I can even ask how much they are lol.

Archived