Need a free DAW?

• Members

They probably want your email so they can try to upsell you to the latest version if you like it. AFAIC the coolest thing about Tracktion is that you can run plug-ins in series/parallel...sort of like a built-in version of the VBox that BIAS used to make.

• Members
I don't know much about Tracktion. Are there any show-stopper "missing features" in 4 that someone with moderate DAW experience would really miss?

What, I can't make someone else do my research for me? :cool03:

Still, my email address isn't precious to me. I'll have to check it out when I have some time. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been a Tracktion user since Tracktion 2. Very unique DAW and very user friendly. I have ProTools 10, 11 also, but find it so uninspiring and the GUI clunky. I have a free upgrade to PT12 but I not even going to install it. I have Reaper also, and while its friendlier than PT, it doesn't compare to Tracktions ease of use. Tracktion is a "Musicians" DAW. Meaning you don't have to be a "Programmer" to figure {censored} out.

I would recommend going through the registration process to unlock the free version of Tracktion 4 and give it a try. I've tried about all the DAW's out there and always go back to Tracktion. If you do try it and have any questions pm me and or visit Tracktions forum over at http://www.kvraudio.com

Archived