Soundtoys Little Alterboy free plugin

• Members

It's that time of year for the Soundtoys freebie thread, looking forward to V5

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2015/&rc=331-5578-568

Little AlterBoy

Soundtoys gives you an exciting new tool for dramatic voice alteration: Little AlterBoy™: Featuring pitch and formant shifting, the overly popular pitch-quantizing hard tune effect, pitch locked robot voice and much more. We've even included one of our classic tube saturation models from Decapitator to add warmth or edge to your new vocal creation and it's all free. Don't miss your chance to "get altered" with Little AlterBoy! Limited Time Only.

EDM Style Octaves

Pitch Quantizing/Hard Tuning

Robotic Computer Voices

Simple Harmony

Gender Voice Reassignment

Modern Doubling

Special Effects/DJ Vocals

Insane Monster Voices

* No iLok Required if you dont have a dongle you can open free ilok account and register with license control on your rig/

* Supports VST, Audio Units, and AAX Native. Mac & Windows.

Actually quite impressed with this one.

I just tried the link - looks like this freebie is pretty popular ATM... probably because it was announced at SXSW.

Here's the message that the link gave me:

We are currently experiencing very large traffic due to our Little AlterBoy release. We are working to resolve the issues and will be back online shortly. Please continue to check back with us if you are trying to redeem a Little AlterBoy code or access your account. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If this is a time sensitive issue, please contact us using our support form.

Thank you,

#TeamSoundtoys

• Members

Frustrating when purchasing goods although their support is responsive.

The site and accounts are back on line. Enjoy decapitate. Highly recommend echo boy if u don't have it and in need of a quality delay. Personally got all their plugins. Looking forward to their v5 and rack release.

Have fun whatever you do😃

Hi Phil

Looks like their servers gone offline for the past 12 hours or so. Hopefully backup soon.

Thanks - I was actually able to get through later yesterday, but it said I didn't have an account (I did), and so I re-registered, but then it said they had no record of my user name when I tried clicking on the sign in link the automated system sent me after I re-registered. I sent them a trouble report, but I suspect it will be a while before I hear back from them; which is understandable IMO under the circumstances.

it's annoying as i just bought decapitator and can't authorise it :)

I can understand the frustration - I suspect they're just swamped with all the responses from the new free plugin release and the SXSW exposure. Some of them are probably at SXSW, which means they're short handed on top of the rest of it. I suspect they'll get back to you in a day or two.

Look on the bright side - they do make really cool plugins, and you'll be able to enjoy that Decapitator RSN. :)

• Members

I also had a bunch of runaround, even though I already had a Pace iLok account. Just the account. I'm not a dongle guy and probably won't ever be. But I got a free iLok-account-requiring plug, Eventide Ultrachannel, a year or two ago and went through a bigger hassle getting through the process. I then had to got through the iLok software installation process again this time around for some reason -- but at least not the far-from-hassle-free iLok registration process.

Thanks to Soundtoys and Eventide for the free plugs and iLok for the free, non-dongle iLok account that allows them. But the process was not without a certain amount of sweat equity. (And I'll admit I've yet to use the Ultrachannel on any finished projects, though it seems a reasonable tool; it's just that my DAW has similar tools included in its deluxe package that are maybe a bit slicker; the Alterboy, however, I might try to use to crank up some background vocals -- I was able to get a properly snotty, 60s girl band lead vocal formant/pitch effect (think "Leader of the Pack") and that definitely amused me -- not without artifacts, but, amusing. The T-pain and pitch lock effects, of course, are properly ear-grating. (But check the calendar, it's 2015.)

I like Eventide's Ultrachannel quite a bit. I've been using the TDM version (part of the Anthology II bundle) for years. I thought it was pretty darned cool that they offered the native version of it to people for free for a while, and it was probably good marketing for them since it exposed a lot more people to their excellent plugins, which probably resulted in more sales of their other native plugins.

• Members

I do like the Eventide plugins and have several of them (Ultrachannel when free last year), ultraverb and omnipressor (which I rarely find myself using).

I do however find the GUIs on the small side with the higher res monitors. Worth checking out the H3000 offer atm (below). Is tempting.

Archived