Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom MRT-3B drum machine initializes on startup every time. Can't save anything!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful indeed! Thanks for that terrific first post - don't be a stranger! philthumb

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thanks Nick782,

That's what I was thinking. The internal battery was dead and failed to hold the saved info.
      MY QUESTION IS: How do you maintain all your saved patterns etc while changing the internal CR2032 ?
      Will having it turned on either by plugging it in or by the AA batteries save your programmed stuff while changing the internal memory battery?
      Anybody have any experience with this? I want to change the internal batt in my RT-223. It's about 6 years old now and still holding my stored patterns.
      thanks rico

Comment

If there's a way to save and offload your patterns (MIDI dump, etc.) then that's what I'd recommend you do first, before changing the backup battery. Then just reload them once you finish doing the battery swap.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

NIck 782, you take-it-apart-and-fix-it-yourself genius, you rock! Thank you so much for the good info.

Since I last posted, I went ahead and bought a used Zoom RT-223 for $50 on eBay. Am using that now (but not the kind of cheesy-sounding bass functionality).

But I still have the old MRT-3B and I like some of the drum patches on there better than the new one. Maybe I'll take it apart and attempt the mod you describe.
          In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

Comment

Working...
          X