Protools LE help!

• Members

OUt of the blue I started getting a window that popped up stating "Assertion in "CNEOLNODE.cpp", line 1242. It only happened when I tried to burn something to disk, and now it started doing it when I open protools. Can anyone help me fix this problem on my G4 ibook?

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Only one thing worked yesterday, and I tried everything: TRASH YOUR DIGIDESIGN DATABASES FOLDER!!

Does anyone have any idea why Digidesign wouldn't publish all these stupid gibberish messages along with solutions?? Wouldn't you think they'd want their clients to get back to recording fast?? They sure don't want you CALLING them! But why is it that Google is so much more useful than their own website in getting answers??

Rich

Only one thing worked yesterday, and I tried everything: TRASH YOUR DIGIDESIGN DATABASES FOLDER!!

Does anyone have any idea why Digidesign wouldn't publish all these stupid gibberish messages along with solutions?? Wouldn't you think they'd want their clients to get back to recording fast?? They sure don't want you CALLING them! But why is it that Google is so much more useful than their own website in getting answers??

Rich

The info's out there, but frankly, finding it on Digidesign's site can be a pain sometimes - it's not the easiest to search / navigate IMHO.

If you're getting error messages / assertion errors, trashing databases and preferences is the first thing you should probably try, as Digidesign themselves strongly recommend over on the DUC. DAE errors can be another matter, but even with those, it never hurts to delete the folders that Digidesign indicates in their troubleshooting suggestions.

Archived