New Massey plug-in (OSX)

Got this in my emal today. Mac users may want to have a look - but Windows users have to wait another month.

Howdy,

I've released a new de-esser plugin here:

http://www.masseyplugins.com/index_v2.html?page=deesser

It's compatible with Pro Tools 7 and OS X. The XP version (for Pro

Tools 6 & 7) will be out in August.

I'm not planning an OS X + Pro Tools 6 version as it seems that

platform has died out considerably. But, please let me know if

you're interested in that configuration, and I'll certainly

reconsider if there's enough feedback.

Thanks! And, have fun with the plugin,

Steve

As with the other Massey plug-ins, the trial period is unlimited, and there's no "beeps", but many functions (automation, session / preset save) are only functional after purchase / registration.

Be sure to check out the page - it took me a second to figure it out, but it's pretty funny. :)

• Moderators

I love Massey's stuff. I understand this new de-esser has a mix control which is a pretty novel idea. I haven't seen this before on a de-esser I don't think. Clever.

Next I'll buy his limiter as I just found out it does run in mono too. The demo is stereo only. So, so far I've got Tapehead, the Compressor, and soon the Limiter.

I want a convolution verb from him and for him to hook up with a cool company to do the IRs. Something reasonably priced and unique. How about a blend of convo and standard Lexi style verb?!??!

Or maybe just a kick ass plate emulation. The UA is the only one I really like and I don't have their card. Yeah... a plate!!!

Lee, there's a pretty darned good plate (IMO) in TL Space - the United Western plate.

I want a convolution verb from him and for him to hook up with a cool company to do the IRs.

Why not just program it so it can use some of the freeware IR's available online? IMO, that would make more sense than trying to do something with a proprietary IR format. :)

Steve's plug ins are actually very good IMHO, and I appreciate his software demo methodology.

• Moderators

Lee, there's a pretty darned good plate (IMO) in TL Space - the United Western plate.

I want a convolution verb from him and for him to hook up with a cool company to do the IRs.

Why not just program it so it can use some of the freeware IR's available online? IMO, that would make more sense than trying to do something with a proprietary IR format.
:)

Steve's plug ins are actually very good IMHO, and I appreciate his software demo methodology.

Yeah? TL Space? That's the one that comes with the Music Production Bundle from Digi I think yeah? With my new Quad Core just needing something to bog it down... I should spring for that finally.

If you're running LE, then IMO, the Music Production Toolkit is a no-brainer - unless you always run limited track count sessions and never do a lot of editing. The full version of Beat Detective alone is worth the price of admission, although with the new Elastic Audio feature in Pro Tools 7.4, it may not be as "needed" as it once was.

Of course, there's the increased track count (48 mono OR stereo tracks instead of 32 mono / 16 stereo limit of "regular" PT LE), along with several useful software plug-in / VI tools. I suppose if you already own Hybrid and TL Space, don't use a lot of tracks, don't edit much, etc. then MPT might not be a useful addition to your system, but for everyone else, it would be a good addition to their setups. :)

Archived